• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wal-Mart

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Threads like this make me so happy to be a flightinfo member:) Knock it off you guys. You don't have to prove a damn thing to each other unless you're insecure about your job and where you live. Be happy for what you have.

Blue Skies

CapnVegetto said:
Precisely why I'm not up there. But for all the whining you do on here, I doubt you could handle it down here either. I guess poor little me and my sorry beeper 135 job will have to tough it out in my pathetic little 2200 square foot home on hole #13. Dam shame I've got all this backwoods and stuff down here for hunting and fishing, insted of gangbangers and concrete. Wow I wish I were you. (Hope you're picking up the sarcasm).

Money goes a LOT farther down here. No wonder you're always bitching. And you know what the really pathetic thing is? I make probably about 1/4 of what you make, and live just as good, if not better.

:)

Do I really whine a lot??

I didnt think I did.

Kids..kids, let's start acting like grown-ups. I thought I was on the regional post. I used to be able to come to the corporate post and get away from all of the name calling and "my job is better than yours" crap that is found on other posts, but it has finally migrated over. Professionals....wtfo!

resq swimmer said:
Kids..kids, let's start acting like grown-ups. I thought I was on the regional post. I used to be able to come to the corporate post and get away from all of the name calling and "my job is better than yours" crap that is found on other posts, but it has finally migrated over. Professionals....wtfo!

Oh just shut up you bottom feeding, bar lowering, scab sympathizing, ho !!! You're just another brother racing to the bottom !!!

I think that just about covers all of the terms commonly used over on the regionals' board... :) :D

resq swimmer said:

He started it!!!! :p

resq swimmer said:

yeah, dip$hit, you just worry about swigin' gear on that POS Westwind, got it?

this is between me and the hillbilly.

:)

Last edited:
Man I wish you would switch to decaf.

Every time you post you come off sounding like a bigger jerk!

Rabble said:
Man I wish you would switch to decaf.

Every time you post you come off sounding like a bigger jerk!

No way man. I will be the 1st to buy him a tripple shot starbucks mocha with extra chocolate.

That last exchange between G200 and CaptainV was about one of the funniest damn thing I have read in a long time.

I am getting a little tired out here in the islands (it is raining today) and ranting condecending sarcasm really brightened my day. Keep up the great work, gentleman!!!:beer:

This is like an MTV Reality show without the buff, brainless dudes and ditzy drama queens with big hoots! :D TC

country said:
First off I have no desire to fly for Wal-Mart, I'm very happy with my current gig. Iwas curious regarding the word on the street regarding this rumor. I do know alot of people that live in NW ARk and travel there quite freq. I can tell you that currently 46k a year would get you a cardboard box in NW ARk. I say this for all those folks that think they can get a job, accept a low wage and live like a king. Those days are gone ...its changed dramatically the last 5 years from what I have seen. A friend of mine just purchased a 1700 sq foot new home (starter home) zero lot line 200K. $120 to 145 per sq foot new build seems to be the average....Funny enough you could drive north about 30 miles into Mo. and live like a king on 46k a year. Either way if you are looking at a job in the NW ARK area you better negotiate a darn good salary. Because they will throw the good ole boy crap at you and try to pay you squat.

My wife is from Springdale, Arkansas and I've spent alot of time in the area. Fayetteville, Rogers, Bentonville, Springdale are all very very close together, almost just one big city now.

Tons of industry is up there. JB Hunt (one of the largest trucking lines),
Tyson Chicken in Springdale, obviously Wal-Mart, and several other large companies in the area, all with flight departments. Tyson sold their citation 2 years ago and went with a fractional.

Buying a house there has become very expensive as Country just said. A small modest house on a "cookie cutter" sized lot can run you over $200,000.
There are vendors involved with WalMart who live in multi-million dollar homes on the mountainsides. Tons of money is in NW Arkansas.

I can remember when the major airport in Fayetteville was FYV and only the commuters flew there in Sabbs and ATR's. Now, they built a new airport (XNA) and have large jet service from all over.
The area is really booming.

Not to offend anybody who happens to have been given a skin color that is other than white, however, I can remember when Springdale had a sign up at one of the roads leading into the area saying "N--'s go home". At one time the area was very racist. The area, over the past several years has had a huge increase in Mexicans (both citizens and illegal immigrants) who come up to work in the Tyson chicken factories. It is a beautiful place to live.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back