• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

waiting for Airtran call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Takes two to three weeks. Greta Charles or Stephanie Grantham will call if you get the job, a letter comes snail mail if you don't. I guess "Limp", oops, Lame Lizard is still waiting.

Rk is correct about the 2-3 weeks BUT... Greta doesn't work here anymore, quit about 2 months ago.

In this case, no news is good news. Rejection letters are out within 3-5 days usually.

SG is VERY snowed under with work - she's having to do a lot of Greta's work until they replace her and SG doesn't only do pilot interviews, but also some on the mx side, CSA supervisors, etc. EXTREMELY busy lady...

If you get past the 30 day mark, you might try to call SG and leave a nice message about having enjoyed the interview, looking forward to the career, blah blah, and just ASK what the status is. I've known several people who did that and were called back within 24-48 hours and offered class dates. Maybe coincidence, maybe not, but I would NOT do that before 30 days are up.

Try to be patient, and good luck to you.

I understand the new Gretta Charles is now... xxxx Keith. Not sure of her first name.. Just a little intel.. I understand she is very organized and respected by her peers .. Great improvement !!

Good Luck to all ....

I just heard from a friend who interviewed on Aug. 9th and got the call (short notice) to start class this month. Another friend who interviewed on the 10th is still waiting.

Generally after the interview you hear something the following week. But lately it has been taking a little longer from what I hear. You have to remember that after the last set of interviews for that week, the interview results and observations are sent back down to Orlando one last time for a final approval from Klaus. So it may take a bit because Klaus is in the middle of contract negotiations with the mediation board soo he may be doing that all week. Also heard that he was on vacation recently. So I wouldnt sweat it if you didnt hear something in the same time period as your friends. Also things did slow down for a while during the summer (smaller classes) but they are about to pick up from what I hear. Your gonna love it here. Good Luck!

AF

Lear70 said:
In this case, no news is good news. Rejection letters are out within 3-5 days usually.

When I interviewed the guys who got hired were notified within two to three days. Those who didn't were notified three weeks later via letter that was dated about 2 1/2 weeks after the interview and post marked a couple of days after that.

That was when Greta was there. Who knows what is happening these days. Hopefully, no news is in fact good news this time and anyone waiting does get hired.

SRJ

I had about an 18 day wait last year. Interviewed Aug 25th and got the call from Klaus on Sept 13th. Hang in there and I hope you get the call.

I had a 2 and a half week wait for the phone call, from SG. The letter is rare. They want you, or they wouldn't have called you. Recently, rejection letters have taken 5 weeks (!) or so.

Latest resources

Back