• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wait till media finds out about PFT Paying for Training/bonds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yes, no other professions requires you to pay for training, give me a break - I don't think the media or the public will see this issue the same way pilots do. 500 hours is the same flying checks or paying for training.

yes, no other professions requires you to pay for training, give me a break - I don't think the media or the public will see this issue the same way pilots do. 500 hours is the same flying checks or paying for training.

I hope you can see the difference in flying checks rather than shelling out $20,000 to be a passenger on a 1900. This is why there is a lack of experience out there is b/c people want to buy their way in rather than work for it and maybe learn something along the way. I think the guys that fly checks may even go through a cloud or two also which would be nice before you fly 121.

If someone on here has flown with some guys that went to Gulfstream or other PFJ places OR if you went to GIA or a PFJ type of place and would like to talk to some media outlets about your concerns, PM me. I can get you in touch, I know some large media outlets are interested.

Last edited:
the worst part of it is that the passengers dont have a clue they are flying on training flights.

They don't have a clue when they are on an IOE flight, either-rocketboy!

Quite the large difference there. Line check airman with a new checkout is way different than standard GIA captain puke with sandbag PFT FO.

Quite the large difference there. Line check airman with a new checkout is way different than standard GIA captain puke with sandbag PFT FO.

Bingo.

When I came to a regional, I had 2000 hours.

When I was doing IOE for a major, I already had a type rating in the aircraft.

See the difference?

Latest resources

Back