• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

W & B question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just saying you'll drop the gear/flaps isn't in the paperwork, and that's where the small lawyer center in some pilot's brains starts to squawk.

I never said that bro, where did I say that?That is all I'm saying, you guys seem to think that if you are a couple of hundred pounds over and you don't get permission from big brother you busted .125 NO! sorry but that is just NOT the case

To the original question by Flying Corporal

The short answer is NO, I agree with my colleagues that you cannot take off knowing within your "plan" that you will land overweight, but my recommendation is to approach your check airman core and get educated as to what is contained within your release paperwork, so that you know what you can and cannot adjust within the confinements of that release

Nope, you never did. Plenty of others in the thread did, and oddly you didn't disagree.

Also you stated that you could simply change altitude to 8,000' as opposed to 38,000. That obviously isn't the case unless you have some crazy FB summary and lenient Op Specs.

In the end, we agreed with that it needs to be in the paperwork somewhere, i.e. legal.

Wrong.

So you're telling me that if you are next in line at LGA and you're 100 pounds under planned taxi fuel that you will not accept a takeoff clearance?
. . . . . . Don't land overweight and don't PUSH without the numbers jiving. Everything in the middle is one GIGANTIC variable.

Gup

Uh, NOT true. Ever hear the term 'brake release fuel'? When you takeoff, your (ZFW + FOB) - Burnoff must be less than MAX LDG WGT. You can cure it by filing lower altitude/longer route, or you can pull over and burn it off,. but you cannot depart until the problem is solved . . . . . Sheesh.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back