• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VP Biden advises against flying.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" Tool (tūl): Something regarded as necessary to the carrying out of one's occupation or profession. "

Thank you. Glad I could be of service. Many people just resort to personal childish insults when you try to assist them.

I guess they feel threatened or something.

YKW

I retracted that statement but your condescending remarks pissed me off.

Biden swine flu comments prompt clarification
30 Apr 2009 13:28:37 GMT
Source: Reuters

</SPAN> WASHINGTON, April 30 (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on Thursday he would tell his family to stay out of airplanes or subways to avoid contracting swine flu, prompting his office to issue a clarification.
Asked on NBC's "Today" show what he would tell members of his family if they asked him whether they should get on a commercial airliner to Mexico in the next week, Biden said:
"I would tell members of my family -- and I have -- I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now."
He said the problem is that "when one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft."
"I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway. So from my perspective, what it relates to is mitigation," he said.
"If you're out in the middle of a field and someone sneezes, that's one thing. If you're in a closed aircraft or a closed container, a closed car, a closed classroom, it's a different thing," he added.
Biden's spokesperson, Elizabeth Alexander, sought to clarify Biden's remarks in a statement issued shortly after his television interview.
"The advice he is giving family members is the same advice the administration is giving to all Americans: that they should avoid unnecessary air travel to and from Mexico," she said.
"If they are sick, they should avoid airplanes and other confined public spaces, such as subways. This is the advice the vice president has given family members who are traveling by commercial airline this week," Alexander said. (Reporting by Steve Holland, editing by Vicki Allen)

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Joe Merchant, the uniter, posts this on the majors and not on the regionals.

Joe Merchant, who spends more time on the majors board than the regional board.

Joe Merchant, who doesn't want a job at a major.

Joe Merchant who would take a job at a major, as long as he can keep his seniority date.

Joe Merchant, who ran around ASA telling people they were foolish to leave Delta, for they would be junior to people they were once senior to.

Joe Merchant, a real class act.

I say again: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

" Reading really IS fundamental. "

Okay...I don't really see this as a condescending remark, although I understand it could be taken that way.

Perhaps I should have said:

" You may want to re-read Mr. Biden's statement. "

OR

" Reading really IS fundamental....:) . "

Now sing the song with me Damn It!

"Kumbaayyaaa....."

YKW

Last edited:
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Joe Merchant, the uniter, posts this on the majors and not on the regionals.

Joe Merchant, who spends more time on the majors board than the regional board.

Joe Merchant, who doesn't want a job at a major.

Joe Merchant who would take a job at a major, as long as he can keep his seniority date.

Joe Merchant, who ran around ASA telling people they were foolish to leave Delta, for they would be junior to people they were once senior to.

Joe Merchant, a real class act.

I say again: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

I gotta agree with Joe on this one, Puff.... Joe Biden has gotta be the biggest dumb@$$ in the history of the white house.

I gotta agree with Joe on this one, Puff.... Joe Biden has gotta be the biggest dumb@$$ in the history of the white house.

Apparently you missed out on the last 8 years. I may give you that Joe has the runniest mouth, but I'll take his foreign policy experience over what we had for the last 8 years.

Regardless, it wasn't really the point of my post.

Apparently you missed out on the last 8 years. I may give you that Joe has the runniest mouth, but I'll take his foreign policy experience over what we had for the last 8 years.

Regardless, it wasn't really the point of my post.

Maybe the Obama administration isn't as pro union as some of you guys thought....

Latest resources

Back