Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I voted H*LL NO as well

I voted No on the TA.

I attented the road show and read the e-mails and I believe the MEC doesn't want to clearly answer questions, Mgt is playing funny games and all the CP's shouldn't give their perspective on the TA. Did you notice how all 3 groups above fully support a yes vote.

Now, a lot of you will tell me...well thats right...if all 3 say vote yes, you should believe thats the right thing to do right there. Ohh yeah, go to a road show and get informed.

I was at a road show, I am informed as I am going to be. I have a lot to lose if I get furloughed but I still voted NO.

Give me why I should vote yes, based on fact NOT speculation and perhaps I will change my mind.

Skywest sucks b/c they get status pay. So do I as a RJ FO at ACA. I also take a -7.5% paycut. And likening our TA rates to other carriers is not valid in my bood brother b/c Comair and ASA haven't adjusted their rates yet. Lets just automatically believe we are the TOP BOTTOM FEEDER of the industry. Give me a break.

The MEC and everybody else, says pilot costs are critical. Yes, LABOR is critical and mgt did cut labor already and the TA cuts it some more. But Skywest took status pay and got 20 RJ's. We took a paycut and got offered 10 RJ's and UAL reserving the right to enact a decling fleet. So, I am going to vote Yes for a contract that as of right now is being rejected by mgt. (TM hotline) TM and KS have to travel to ORD to visit UAL and talk and thats based off the TA bid as I understand it.

I hear talk of a trophy and thats why I should vote YES. You tell me what the trophy and better yet, see it and will vote YES if its a good one. But if I hold it and I like it...well it doesn't mean its a freakin trophy. It could just be a freaking mini statue. Get serious and vote NO for this thing.

Either way is uncertain and YES I'll grant you a yes vote is least risky. BUT, I don't know how much least risk that is and since nobody can tell me...I vote NO.

Its evident that we can re-nogiate b/c TM and KS are doing that right now with UAL. If our NO to the TA proves its the wrong move...then we'll vote again and vote YES and go back to UAL.

Ohh thats not realistic you say. You are not realistic. I will not go to the bottom of this industry and expect to go to NWA or AAL and live a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ty life $ wise. I will not compare myself to Mesaba or MESA. You give me proof and not some freaking mind show that visited all of our hubs and maybe I'll vote yes. Confidentiallity....ha ha ha.

BTW: The bomb shell will probably be leaked near the end of voting....so all the no voters will change their mind and re-cast the ballots. If you're smart, you will leak the info with details. If you are not...you will get a REJECTED TA!

Stay unified, stay informed, fly safely, VOTE!

Hell No.

Machdog's post is typical of the YES voters. Why can't you guys except the fact that the NO voters have armed themselves with all the facts (roadshows, MEC site, emails etc.). We've made an informed decision and voted with all the facts placed before us - a vote that is best for our families and future. Sorry if you can't accept that, just don't accuse us of missing the facts and voting on emotion.

Finally, if there is some very important confidential information being withheld by the MEC that can't be disclosed to the pilot group, something that would definitely swing the vote, than speak up now or face the consequences. I'm not voting on speculation, I'm voting on fact and the fact is only ONE guarantee exists with this TA - A PAY CUT.

A big No vote with confidence!

Last edited:
FACTS

FACT : Pay cut doesn't have anything to do with the company saving money. Bain looks at areas of operation which we need to change to be competative, and pilot pay is one of them. You can thank MESA for that.

FACT : ALPA was firm against any TA until company got the evil message from United saying put your bid in or lose your flying!

FACT : 200 ACA pilots will be on furlough, do you think a no vote will help that situation.

FACT : Tom Moore stated at some time there will be a displacement bid, weather the TA is approved or not, how will you think a no vote will have a affect on that.

FACT : Allegany turns down there TA, now they are getting no jets and retiring there Dash 8's does'nt sound to good over there.

FACT : No other codeshare agreement with ACA out there if you think so name one.

FACT : No talks if TA is voted down, was there another charter TA, Tom Moore made his millions wouldn't hurt him as much as it would hurt you if this company went under. Plus there is no time for talks, it took us 3 months to get this TA!!

FACT : Skywest gets massive amounts of flying with "only" 18 month deal and pay rates frozen. Skywest is non-union its rates and time frame can change at company will, for the better or worse, don't compare.

FACT : TA is approved, pay cut yes, but stabilization and future growth I will take.

FACT : TA is disapproved who knows, I give you one thing you have b#$alls to want to find out.

FACT : To go out on our own would lead to massive forloughs. Jetblue started with no a/c and pilots. We have 120 a/c and 1700 pilots, not going to happen.

FACT : For the senior guys ,ACA has seen hard times before and made it out ok, you are taking a big gamble if you think our luck is going to hold again.

FACT : Voting no will only prolong a already dangerous situation.

FACT : 5 years too long, that is what United wanted not ACA!!

FACT : Bain is the problem not mgt.

FACT : To blueridgeflyer the current future with this company is in the UEX flying that is why we have this TA. I dont know where you think it is!

FACT : TA will not come into effect unless contract is affirmed with United. Tom Moore stated, "he will reject any deal with United that does not have current fleet size or future growth with it. What will a no vote get you?

FACT : I want to keep my job I hope you all do too!!

Last edited:
Machdog,

Most of your facts regarding the future of ACA are conjecture. Have you listened to Skeen's audio stream on ACAWay? You seem to differ significantly with our CEO along the subject line of growth. Gather some information & then feel free to come back & share.

Blueridgeflyer

Despite MachDog1's wretched spelling and atrocious grammar, I voted "Yes" as well. The reasons are somewhat different: the entire industry is in the tank, the 50 seat market is drying up, and I think (guess, hope, pray, - pick a word) that I would have a better chance of an upgrade with the TA than without. A certain 7.5% paycut and some work rules reductions in exchange for a possible 35% pay raise to captain and Multi-engine PIC time. Time to roll the dice (and go to graduate school to cover your rear....)

Last edited:
sorry

Sorry about the spelling and grammer not what I am going for, then again this is not english class where I would be on my best behavior. About Skeens speech I have heard it, I will make the correction from future growth to potential growth happy now. Still no reason to vote no!

Machdog,

Yes sir...Mr Skeen wants to use the UEX deal to create cash flow to springboard into other areas. Its clear that ACA's future growth WILL NOT be limited to United. Bravo Mr Skeen!

Question for Machdog: Do you believe that MGMT has exhausted every option to position the company competitively? Not a trick question I assure you.

Blueridgeflyer

Its not a question if company has exausted all its options, but company did what it had to do to be competative in the aspect of pilot pay, according to what bain wanted. Yes mgt is not something you can always trust, but in this case I think we are all backed into a corner. This is all I have to say on this manner vote as you please!!
P.S.
You say bravo to Mr. Skeen and yet you vote no. I know United is just a life raft to start bigger better things. But it all starts with this TA being voted yes on!!

Last edited:
Machdog,

How can you say that this TA ensures a renegotiated UEX deal? Our own MEC isn't even making this claim. Why do I offer accolades to Mr. Skeen, yet vote no? Again, listen to his webcast Machdog...it's self-explanatory.

Blueridgeflyer

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back