Voted NO today on ACA TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJPilott

Can anyone walk in a resume for me? How about that number to the truck driving school? :)

Doing my part to prevent the race to the bottom....

I voted NO too.

Why? Because the only thing we ARE guaranteed is a paycut.

Tailwinds...

The last time I checked - there were no guarantees on just about anything in life. Just because passing the TA doesn't guarantee growth doesn't rule out the fact that it puts us in a better position that not passing it. No guarantees to be sure - but it's a calculated risk just like everything else we do in life. The sure thing doesn't exist in this industry - don't make your decision just because we think ACA is somehow capable of getting it while everyone else continues to suffer.

Don't base your vote on emotions!!

It seems to me that all the no votes are basing there votes on pure emotions and not the facts, and the facts that I have seen posted for a no vote are totally not true, which means I think the no voters are not really informed about how bad of a situation we are really in. Heres a fact for all you naa sayers, my friend works at allegany they voted down there pay cut, to keep there pride and self respect right? Well now they are not getting any of the new jets and they are retiring there Dash 8s sounds like a forlough to me, what about you, oh yeah it can't happen here! Listen to are union hotline message they are desperate to get this thing to pass because they know how bad it really is. You have time to change your vote please reconsider, for the sake and future of this company!! Don't make me have to say I told you so!

Last edited:
Re: Don't base your vote on emotions!!

Too all the educated YES voters out there. Its a shame you have Machdog1 on your side....lol

Machdog, you're better off just voting yes and keeping your hands off the keyboard. You're not helping your cause.

Machdog,

Sir, you are generalizing voter reasoning. The fact is: The foundation for this Tentative Agreement is non-traditional.....after all, we are considering action for the sake of a UEX contract...not necessarily tied to the financial health of our company. This is more a speculative TA. I would argue that this is the underlying reason for the broad division on this issue. There is no clear appropriate choice. In a tie....I chose to vote NO.

Blueridgeflyer

ok

You made your choice and thats fair enough. Lets all hope that I am wrong and you are right, we will just have to see. I don't want to be right and out of a job. I know now a lot of people agree with me. I hope its enough though.

Latest resources

Back