Vote on CAL B739 Retro Livery

Captain X

Who is John Galt?
Total Time
Doing?
CAL employees can go to COAIR and vote on their choice for a retro paint scheme on an upcoming B737-900 delivery.

Choices are:

"Blue Skyway" which looks similar to the CAL DC-3.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Continental-Airlines-(Texas/Douglas-DC-3A/0830013/M/

"Thunderbird" which is very similar to above but also includes a gold star on the tail.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Continental-Airlines/Douglas-DC-7B/0128848/M/

"Golden Jet" reminiscent of the 60's era paint scheme.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Continental-Airlines/Boeing-720-024B/0643953/M/

"Contrails" which is the red/orange/white "meatball" scheme CAL had from the early 60's until Gordo took the reins.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Continental-Airlines/Douglas-DC-9-14/1007137/M/

Go to All About Me and then MyOpinion...got until the 19th.

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
Total Time
15000+
I went with the golden jet. Much better time when Bob Six was around.

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
Contrails for sure.

JumpersAway

Cruise Bores Me.......
Total Time
9000++
Contrails for sure.
I'm not sure I'd want my jet painted in the same livery that was sported durring my company's darkest days. No offense, but I think that scheme is indicative of the scabs that still work there, unfortunately.........

DrewBlows

Go Tigers!
Total Time
Yikes, just leave the new sceme. I don't think Continental has ever had a nice livery.

Golden Jet if I had to choose.

Pocono Pilot

flower child
Total Time
Jeez, I'm glad that Continental is paying all this money for a stupid new/old scab retro paintjob, but doesn't pay health benefits to new hires. LOL Not to mention the crappy agreement they got from XJT.

It's pretty funny that CAL pilots are actually voting for this when their contract is soooo bad. I know most of you CAL guys aren't very smart, LOL, understatement, but I'd tell CAL to shove it up there butts with this survey until the contract is signed??

Oh well. Some things never change. LOL

catIIIc

Total Time
5000+
It is a new aircraft so they have to paint it anyway so they decided to paint one in a retro color.

IXLR8

Total Time
Can someone tell Delta to do a retro?..the lastest paint is extremely BORING.

CRJ's suck

Total Time
The Golden Jet for me. Can some one tell me how I can set the site to Ignore a screen name?

Nevermind, found answer under FAQ's

Last edited:

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
Might as well paint it in US Airways' scheme because they're going to buy Continental:D

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
For the sake of all the people who work for Continental,I most certainly hope not !!

PHXFLYR

reepicheep

Total Time
Sure I can just see it now; the first thing they'll do is get rid of Air Mike and all those "low yield routes out west where there's no money".

Seriously; I go with the Golden Jet. Wish they'd bring back the 720B to go with it. Real airliners have 3 pilots, 3+ engines, no hush kits, and leave a big trail of black smoke.

SoCentralRain

Hüsker Dü you remember?
Total Time
>10000
Sure I can just see it now; the first thing they'll do is get rid of Air Mike and all those "low yield routes out west where there's no money".

Seriously; I go with the Golden Jet. Wish they'd bring back the 720B to go with it. Real airliners have 3 pilots, 3+ engines, no hush kits, and leave a big trail of black smoke.
Amen.

::back to looking for work::

BID

Total Time
Golden Jet is cool.

heck, you can probably still see the Contrails livery on news video footage.

hockeypilot44

Total Time
I'm not sure I'd want my jet painted in the same livery that was sported durring my company's darkest days. No offense, but I think that scheme is indicative of the scabs that still work there, unfortunately.........
I agree. Just looking at that old paint scheme pisses me off. Dirty scumbags.

Captain X

Who is John Galt?
Total Time
Doing?
Yeah my thoughts exactly on the Contrails scheme. I actually edited my OP -- the first one was not so nice. ;)

I was in a toss-up between Blue Skyways and Thunderbird. Went with the former.

Last edited:

~~~^~~~

Total Time
7,500+
Yes, I found some of the Eastern jets for the "retro" paint scheme and edited it back off.

Continental's pretty much a new company. They should avoid revisiting their pre-Bethune era if at all possible. Look forward, not back.