• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vote NO on ASA PBS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This must be how the monkey felt just before he stuck his hand into the hole for food...unfortunately this monkey will never see his hand again....

Just for the record and all you Wannabee Speedtapes on the ALPA Board, I am Speedtape!

I predict that PBS will pass by at least 2/3rd's of the 150 pilots who will vote! That means that 100 pilots of the required majority of 76 of 150, will get to decide how the other 1500+ of us bid out schedules from then to eternity! Somes things are totally predictable!

Just for the record and all you Wannabee Speedtapes on the ALPA Board, I am Speedtape!

I predict that PBS will pass by at least 2/3rd's of the 150 pilots who will vote! That means that 100 pilots of the required majority of 76 of 150, will get to decide how the other 1500+ of us bid out schedules from then to eternity! Somes things are totally predictable!

Sad, but oh so true!

You are so NOT Speedtape.

Speedtape is much taller...and much better looking.

If you guys want to vote in PBS you better be doing it for the merits of PBS and not its potential for creating “growth”. I would be absolutely amazed if the pennies that this will save will make a lick of difference. And if it does then it will most certainly be temporary because there are no winners in the fight for the bottom.
I can’t believe how you guys bash people that have experience using PBS instead of trying to get constructive information from them. I would like to apologize to i fly boxes for the rudeness of some of our pilots on this board. I’m hoping they are the vocal minority.
They most certainly have not read this LOA carefully. It really is not any different than any PBS system out there. Everything they mention has non biding language or loop holes. Also what makes flight line software so much superior? The premise behind PBS is so basic it’s sad. Like the union has been saying its logic is transparent. The only thing different with the software would be the preferences available. I doubt that there are significant differences in softwares for PBS. Regarding all the loose language the only thing they can say is we will take it now and try to make it better later. I have an idea, why don’t we keep the good system that we have now and not try to make garbage better over the next 10 years.
I went to the roadshow and just like when the LOA came out I wasn’t pleasantly surprised like all of you implied we would be. If you read through the LOA a few times you will probably understand it better than the union reps. The only thing I got out of the roadshow is that the reps didn’t even know about some things in this LOA. How is that possible? Who wrote this thing? How can they not know about a whole paragraph? If that wasn’t sad enough it became clear that they don’t even understand the current contract. They spent at least 5 minutes patting themselves on the back for negotiating a “seniority based reserve system” in the current contract. I’m not saying that they didn’t make improvements to the system but believe me we don’t have a “seniority based reserve system”. It is actually a credit based reserve system. Big difference, and essentially would have been how it was run before if scheduling was smart. I did get them to semi admit that they were not telling a complete truth in saying that the company “couldn’t save a dime with PBS unless we grow”. They did have a bunch of excuses and I’m sure that they are still using that one.
Again please don’t vote for PBS to be “competitive”. Remember what happened with the 900s. Once you vote in PBS and management “suddenly” realizes we are still more expensive than Skywest the same thing will happen again. We never learn. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
We have pbs at 9e and here are somethings i can tell you
If the pairings are crap - your schedule will be crap
Highspeeds will be mixed in with your normal lines if there are enough of them to do that.
Some months our average days of for all line holders will be 15-16, some months half way down the list will get minimum days off with very unproductive schedules.
you have no idea what you will get until the schedule is awarded
Pref bid is GREAT for senior people but absolutely terrible for junior people.
If you are a junior person it doesnt matter what you put, and I am not exagerating.
Just remember, if it saves ASA money and allows you to be more competitive than so be it, but i would get WHATEVER YOU CAN in return for allowing the company to do this.
Good luck
Wow 9E has to be the worse place to work, only other outsourser I have heard of having CDO's mixed in lines is Skyway and there gone, so that leaves you.

For anyones saying PBS creates jobs is sorely mistaken. It does the exact opposite, not much but it does take jobs away, no furlough will comeback due to just PBS

If you guys want to vote in PBS you better be doing it for the merits of PBS and not its potential for creating “growth”. I would be absolutely amazed if the pennies that this will save will make a lick of difference. And if it does then it will most certainly be temporary because there are no winners in the fight for the bottom.
I can’t believe how you guys bash people that have experience using PBS instead of trying to get constructive information from them. I would like to apologize to i fly boxes for the rudeness of some of our pilots on this board. I’m hoping they are the vocal minority.
They most certainly have not read this LOA carefully. It really is not any different than any PBS system out there. Everything they mention has non biding language or loop holes. Also what makes flight line software so much superior? The premise behind PBS is so basic it’s sad. Like the union has been saying its logic is transparent. The only thing different with the software would be the preferences available. I doubt that there are significant differences in softwares for PBS. Regarding all the loose language the only thing they can say is we will take it now and try to make it better later. I have an idea, why don’t we keep the good system that we have now and not try to make garbage better over the next 10 years.
I went to the roadshow and just like when the LOA came out I wasn’t pleasantly surprised like all of you implied we would be. If you read through the LOA a few times you will probably understand it better than the union reps. The only thing I got out of the roadshow is that the reps didn’t even know about some things in this LOA. How is that possible? Who wrote this thing? How can they not know about a whole paragraph? If that wasn’t sad enough it became clear that they don’t even understand the current contract. They spent at least 5 minutes patting themselves on the back for negotiating a “seniority based reserve system” in the current contract. I’m not saying that they didn’t make improvements to the system but believe me we don’t have a “seniority based reserve system”. It is actually a credit based reserve system. Big difference, and essentially would have been how it was run before if scheduling was smart. I did get them to semi admit that they were not telling a complete truth in saying that the company “couldn’t save a dime with PBS unless we grow”. They did have a bunch of excuses and I’m sure that they are still using that one.
Again please don’t vote for PBS to be “competitive”. Remember what happened with the 900s. Once you vote in PBS and management “suddenly” realizes we are still more expensive than Skywest the same thing will happen again. We never learn. Good luck to all.

PBS won't make us less expensive than Skywest....nobody is saying it will. This vote comes down to one thing....Whether or not we are willing to work with Jerry...We don't have to be the cheapest...We don't have to be cheaper than Skywest....We do have to work with Jerry, or he will take his ball home.

The most job security we have is through the contracts that Jerry negotiated with both Delta and United....How much has ALPA achieved in the "job security" department....

As pilots, we are tought to look ahead and look at all the possible outcomes...What are the possible outcomes to Jerry deciding that ASA ALPA can't be dealt with?

PBS won't make us less expensive than Skywest....nobody is saying it will. This vote comes down to one thing....Whether or not we are willing to work with Jerry...We don't have to be the cheapest...We don't have to be cheaper than Skywest....We do have to work with Jerry, or he will take his ball home.

The most job security we have is through the contracts that Jerry negotiated with both Delta and United....How much has ALPA achieved in the "job security" department....

As pilots, we are tought to look ahead and look at all the possible outcomes...What are the possible outcomes to Jerry deciding that ASA ALPA can't be dealt with?

Dude!!

Ya had to turn it into an ALPA bash!!??

Just couldn't talk about PBS...could ya??

Well, let me ask you this. Which PBS system would you rather work under? The one Skywest has or the one ALPA has negotiated for us?

Those are your only two options, here and in reality. You can't answer my question with a question and you can't come up with another option!!

C'mon!! Answer the question. I know you really wanna answer!!!

Latest resources

Back