Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyf15 said:
Hey guys,

I've seen quite a few ways that we, as Americans, can help people out after events such as Katrina (such as donating to the red cross) and I also know of volunteer flying services such as Angel Flight.

Although I'm not an aircraft owner, I'd like to know if theres any way I could donate my flying/pilot services to charity organizations. Does anyone know of any? It seems like it'd be another way to help out some people who are in need.

Thanks much!

Really is a shame that AOPA drops the ball on this. From their website: "The first thing many pilots want to do is fly to the Gulf Coast area to help provide disaster relief. However, for the time being we need to resist that urge, no matter how well intended. The airspace has been restricted to facilitate the vitally important search and rescue efforts, and we do not want to hamper those life-saving missions.The best way AOPA members can help with the relief effort right now is to donate to one of the nonprofit relief agencies, such as the American Red Cross."

Think of all the good that we can do during any national emergency if organized under 1 umbrella. Volunteer pilots and aircraft owners could be hauling tons of water, food, and medical supplies in, and thousands of peolpe out to Red Cross shelters setup at the feeder airports or hotels nearby. And by the way showing the rest of the nation that GA is indeed a valuable national asset, so thank us instead of trying to shut us down.

Just a note.

Vacationrentalsforfamilies grew out of the desire to help folks, with GA folks. It had grown enormously since it started, less than 2 weeks ago. I leave tomorrow AM for KHDC. Then to KPDK. Anyone who wants to co-pilot (they want co's for flights carrying people) let me know. I'm way up north, but I'm headed for OXI, then CRX ( I understand fuel at HDC is 4.19 )

Latest resources

Back