Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gkrangers

college = debt
Correction...we're at AGS...Augusta...not Valdosta..bleh.

God damn...on final for 35 is a paper plant (I think).

Smells like ass.

Signed,
me and cforst

IM GOING TO PRESS THE LOGOUT BUTTON ON THE FBO COMPUTER NOW!

I don't think it is a paper plant- it is a chlorine plant if I recall correctly. Wash your plane if it has yellow stuff on the skin, or it will corrode it.

I remember the first time I flew into AGS we had a Delta guy on the jumpseat. He had dozed off towards the end of the flight and I thought he crapped his pants on short final. :puke:

I remember the first time I flew into AGS we had a Delta guy on the jumpseat. He had dozed off towards the end of the flight and I thought he crapped his pants on short final.

Bwaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa!!! Geezus eff'n Christ! I just laughed so hard I peed my pants a little bit on that one! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just a little bit. :erm:

Minhommad

i asked, it's a paper plant at the approach end of rwy 35 and there's a sewage treatment plant at the departure end. crikey.

AGS has a paper plant on final for 35, and a wastewater treatment plant on short final for 17. You can use the smell of either one as the middle marker.

We were doing an ILS to 35 a couple of years ago in the ATR, to mins. As we were being vectored i noticed that we weren't picking up BUSHI, or whatever the marker on that side is. When we turned final I told the controller that it wasn't providing guidance. He asked if we wanted him to call it for us...I said "No thanks, we'll be able to smell it". He wasn't amused at all.

rank stank

yeah I remember that stink at Augusta. FYI there are also gagsome paper mills at Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, for your odoriferous snifferific smellacious delight. Who woulda thunk that paper pulp would smell so raunchy.

Sugar refinery in Maui is just as bad. The wind happened to shift on our departure day and the whole town (the one with the airport PHOG) stunk to high heaven. And to top it off the airplane was covered with black crap. Some kind of burned sugar cane leaves or something. The girl said they call it Maui Snow.

Latest resources

Back