Vld Stinks!

gkrangers

college = debt
Total Time
some
Correction...we're at AGS...Augusta...not Valdosta..bleh.

God damn...on final for 35 is a paper plant (I think).

Smells like ass.

Signed,
me and cforst

IM GOING TO PRESS THE LOGOUT BUTTON ON THE FBO COMPUTER NOW!

Avenger29

Total Time
12hrs
I don't think it is a paper plant- it is a chlorine plant if I recall correctly. Wash your plane if it has yellow stuff on the skin, or it will corrode it.

shamrock

Total Time
1 year
I remember the first time I flew into AGS we had a Delta guy on the jumpseat. He had dozed off towards the end of the flight and I thought he crapped his pants on short final. :puke:

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Total Time
Little
I remember the first time I flew into AGS we had a Delta guy on the jumpseat. He had dozed off towards the end of the flight and I thought he crapped his pants on short final.
Bwaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa!!! Geezus eff'n Christ! I just laughed so hard I peed my pants a little bit on that one! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just a little bit. :erm:

Minhommad

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
i asked, it's a paper plant at the approach end of rwy 35 and there's a sewage treatment plant at the departure end. crikey.

FL000

Total Time
AGS has a paper plant on final for 35, and a wastewater treatment plant on short final for 17. You can use the smell of either one as the middle marker.

atrdriver

Living in Paradise
Total Time
5000+
We were doing an ILS to 35 a couple of years ago in the ATR, to mins. As we were being vectored i noticed that we weren't picking up BUSHI, or whatever the marker on that side is. When we turned final I told the controller that it wasn't providing guidance. He asked if we wanted him to call it for us...I said "No thanks, we'll be able to smell it". He wasn't amused at all.

CFIcare

DMC driver
Total Time
88mph
rank stank

yeah I remember that stink at Augusta. FYI there are also gagsome paper mills at Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, for your odoriferous snifferific smellacious delight. Who woulda thunk that paper pulp would smell so raunchy.

pilotmiketx

Registerd User
Total Time
oodles
Sugar refinery in Maui is just as bad. The wind happened to shift on our departure day and the whole town (the one with the airport PHOG) stunk to high heaven. And to top it off the airplane was covered with black crap. Some kind of burned sugar cane leaves or something. The girl said they call it Maui Snow.

DaveJ

Total Time
Did my instrument training around AGS.

Back in the late 70s, the approach plate for the ILS 35 at AGS had a note on it about "a gummy substance may form on your windshield". No kidding. The middle marker was completely redundant. Your nose told you when you were there.