Vitriol and Hate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Turtle21

The irony is that the West has such vitriol and hate directed toward the East pilots, but I am at a loss as to what great injustice they are suffering at the hands of the East.

The East has no issue with the West. (Can't say the same for Praer and pals, but the East has no beef with their brothers in the West.) The East doesn’t dislike the West, even though the West repeatedly boasts that they have “won” and that the AAA Mec is going to do more and more damage to the AAA pilots (repeated “wins” for the West). The West pilots aren’t the ones represented by “the morons that keep burying the AAA pilots.” The East even doesn’t react to the West’s unthinkable desire for the East to utterly fail in their effort to receive equal pay for equal work. The West “Can’t wait for the day of utter failure to happen.”

In all of this hate and ill will against them, the East has taken absolutely nothing from the West. ALPA national has validated the Nic list. The West has received profit sharing for profits they didn’t even contribute to. The West has not been harmed at all by the merger. They haven’t taken any pay cuts. There have been no furloughs. There have been no West domicile closures.

The West pilots by all accounts have received many positive benefits by the merger and have had no negative consequences. ALPA has validated the Nic list and it will only be a matter of time until the merger is completed and the company is able to benefit from the synergies of the merger.

Everything the West has received has been nothing less than “fair and equitable.”

What is it that the West is so up in arms about? Especially, why the hate and discord directed at fellow pilots in the East? It seems like all your expectations are peaches and cream so why is there hate if all your expectation are postive?
How do so many positive circumstances produce such a poisonous outlook?

The only logical thing seems that the West is impatient beyond all comprehension. I mean if everything is going to work out just fine (a win for the West) then the only room left for any complaint is with regard to the timing. But is timing sufficient to explain all the hate?:confused:

Last edited:
Easy. The East has already had over 300 upgrades due to attrition this year and the West guys wanted that too.

If they arent satisfied with the NIC award, they will never be satisfied with anything. Maybe if the Easties get on their knees, rip out their hearts and hand the still beating organ to them they will be happy.

I doubt it.

Easy. The East has already had over 300 upgrades due to attrition this year..

Those weren't their upgrades so why would they be upset about that?

I don't think that explains their hate and ill will. There must be something else.

Earth to turtle... Come in Turtle....

Lets see, besides suing USWest and our MEC Chairman personally, they also refused to negotiate at all on the seniority list and took themselves and us into arbitration. Now they still refuse to negotiate a new contract to the benefit of all, and lets not forget the decert drive so they can impose their version of a "fair" list on the West.

Yep, the easties are princes... All the trouble makers are obviously Westies. Such vitriol and hate gosh Turtle, I'm so swayed by your amazing grasp of the situation.

Still, I don't hate the East, but I think Turtle is obviously retarded if he's posting something as dumb as the above.

Hey Turtle, you're the one running around yelling "fights on."

"Fights on." Is in an acknowledgement of Prater and Pals statements, and is not in regard to the West pilots in the least. Neither is there any hate accompanied with the term, as you seem to suggest. Fighter pilots understand the term.

I have no animosity toward the West pilots regardless of how many of you refuse to believe that I care deeply about the careers of the West brothers. Don't believe me if you wish... call me a liar, stupid, or ignorant. I have no animosity toward the West brothers at all.

What really confuses me is that the West hasn't been able to explain to me why they are so hateful toward the East pilots. What is the "plight" of the West? What exactly are the damages the East has caused the West?

Latest resources

Back