• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vision Correction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had LASIK done in 2007. Awesome results...went from -3.25 to 20/20. Only drawback...you cannot fly for an Asian carrier with Laser surgery on the eye. Found out on the interview with ANA recruiters back in 2008. Don't know if it's changed, but it's something to consider.

Your medical certificate will not have any mention of the procedure.
Except it will go from "Must Wear Corrective Lenses" for the last 20 years to not. I seriously doubt the FAA is organized enough to see this on a routine Class I submission, but in an investigation of any kind they will definitely see it. But then, if that happens they'll see a lot of things they didn't notice before and can hang you for any one of them if that's what they want to do.

I had LASIK done in 2007. Awesome results...went from -3.25 to 20/20. Only drawback...you cannot fly for an Asian carrier with Laser surgery on the eye. Found out on the interview with ANA recruiters back in 2008. Don't know if it's changed, but it's something to consider.

China allows it after a wait of one year from the surgery. Japan is still in the dark ages when it comes to medical certification.

Latest resources

Back