Vision Air seeks F/Ools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SCUMBAGS

I know it sounds trite, but there are some very low and drty sumbags in aviation in the Vegas area. I'd be curious to see if this company is made up of some of the one's I'm thinking about. Every downturn in the economy they prey after young pilots on the way up and experienced ones in need of a job to keep the operation together in spite of every effort to turn the place into more of a whorehouse than and aviation business.

Does anyone have the names of a link to the company officers??

Visionless

Vision Air is the DBA of Aviation Ventures, Inc. They are on Doug Gilliland's certificate (American Air Network) so you know they are SCUM!!!!

They have also been DBA as Inter-Island Air and Vision Aviation Management.

They have run numerous "program" ads on 350.com, like a Falcon 20 FOol program for $17.5K where you receive an 8410 293 & 297 check ride (no SIM, so you are worthless out in the world) and 200 hours (which they are flying Part 135 and getting paid for both seats) afterwhich you are "guaranteed" an interview with the same company that you have just thrown your money away at; "oh, we're very sorry, but all line pilot positions are filled at this time. Have a nice day." And then the next FOol falls into the web.

Wm Acor Pres
Steven Acor DO
Godwin Aaron CP

write [email protected] and expess your displeasure without prejudice. This was the return address when I received a reply to my inquiry. A$$HOLES

Last edited:
I noted the mention of Aaron Godwin in the above post and must defend him. He maybe the only good guy at Vision. I have worked with him twice, once before and then at Vision. He is an outstanding, honest, light hearted individual whom you can trust. Aaron is one of those few pilots I hope to some day fly with again. I would do what ever I could to help him no matter what. I would ask that all who read the posts here give him a fair shake. He's worth it!

What does being on the American Air Network certificate have to do with being scum?

These aren't the individuals I suspected were up to their old tricks again. So, I can't say one way or the other regarding these folks.

I can say that one is judged by the company they keep, however. Hopefully the good people will eventually push out the bad apples in this case. I've seen scumbag operations turn good with the ejection of key individuals from the corporate peanut gallerys.

However, I sure hope that in the meanwhile, otherwise good people can resist the urge to fill open slots at a place that treats budding professionals this poorly. The reason this is important is becasue this sort of predatory behavior is easily spread among the other bottom feeding type corporations if success is seen at places like this. It is a cancer that will quickly spread. The contageon agent is the influx of people who are willing and able to endure the abuse. It's a cheapening of the industry unfortunately.

For those that are there already, hopefully they can be supported by their peers (even the competition's pilots who'd rather not see this spread to their company) to sustain a professional environment in spite of the challenges - and eventually set up opportunities to rid the bad apples or make it very difficult for them to play their tricks without subtle but organized reprocussion. Reprocussions can be anything from a well timed mass resignation for a basket case scenario (everyone have jobs waiting before hand), or subtle pressure toward slightly better operating practices, one small confrontation at a time, by the good managers in the company in the case where you think there could be hope. Devide and conquer is the scumbag's preffered game. United you stand, devided you will certainly fall.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back