• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin interview timeline question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yuppy, Aloha and ATA were ALPA airlines and Virgin America gave them jobs. Since you consider VA to be disgusting, what would you suggest to pilots who lost their jobs? Which fine ALPA carrier is hiring and pushing for all their union brothers/sisters to get hired there? Should all Aloha/ATA/Champion pilots prove a point by not taking a job with 1 year upgrade? Should every former Aloha or ATA or Champion pilot pack up and go to China just to prove a point? Should we all inundate Skywest with applications now considering UAL's state of affairs? Wait, nevermind, they're non-union, just like VA.
Mesa? Colgan? Oops.. another nonunion... Republic?

Before you start trashing people at VA, stop and think for a minute - if VA existed right after 9/11 when you got furloughed, would you have applied there and taken a job there? How about if UAL folded and there was no UAL to go back to? You don't have to answer me, but think before you embarrass yourself.

Oh, and no, I don't work for VA, but a number of my fellow Aloha pilots went there after losing arguably one of the best jobs in the industry.

Last edited:
Well I'll be out of a job September, any idea when VA is supposed to start hiring/interviewing??

Hate to drag this thread back on topic, but Applied 1st week of July, did the psych test 3rd week of July, still waiting for a call. With luck they didn't detect my pschizoid, bipolar, or manic depressive tendencies.

Freight Dog, not at United but its competitor in Den (F9). I did the psych test a week and a half ago for VA and haven't heard anything. No flaming, I just need a frickin job and VA has a slick operation.

Latest resources

Back