• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin Callsign

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Callsign: Remember the FAA and US military have a lot to say on what callsign is assigned. There were many names on the list submitted. We like the double entendre, and it wasn't the raciest name on the internal list. Personally I thought "Buster" was the best, but it never made it to the submitted list.

Virtural cabatoge? Call it what you like, but the DOT is happy with the outcome of the financing. It is 25% foreign owned and flown under US certification. The employees are under US labor laws (RLA). So, if there is a Virgin Atlantic code share, how will that be any different than any of the global alliances now in place?

Keep drinking that kool aid. Get back to us in about a year and tell us how cool it is

Callsign: Remember the FAA and US military have a lot to say on what callsign is assigned. There were many names on the list submitted. We like the double entendre, and it wasn't the raciest name on the internal list. Personally I thought "Buster" was the best, but it never made it to the submitted list.

Virtural cabatoge? Call it what you like, but the DOT is happy with the outcome of the financing. It is 25% foreign owned and flown under US certification. The employees are under US labor laws (RLA). So, if there is a Virgin Atlantic code share, how will that be any different than any of the global alliances now in place?

Ah Ralph, you're another one of those fine Indy alums who continues to raise the bar for the profession. May history repeat itself for you.
Enjoy the delays in SFO when the fog rolls in. Boy, I sure hope that you gentlemen get Cat III certified soon. :rolleyes:

I can't fault guys that are on the street and trying to put food on the table and took this job. Hopefully they will change things from the inside. The guys that left a job to take this job are the true d-bags.

I can't fault guys that are on the street and trying to put food on the table and took this job.

I can. And do.
I just spent almost five years out on the street and found that there were jobs beyond flying an airplane. And all paid better than starting salary flying an airplane.

Any pilot who gives the excuse that flying is the only skill they've got is stupid and lazy.

When I was in the Air Force, we were able to get the callsign "Pushy xx" for some of our flights. That's until some of the controllers slurred the calls hehe.

I think Virgin America's callsign "Redwood" is ok. It's just slightly better than their original choice: "JetRed."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back