• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin Callsign

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought it was going to be "Golden Gate". I understand "Redwood" but it just doesn't sound right for a callsign. How long until the code share with Virgin Atlantic is announced? I'd say about a year then we're dealing with virtual cabatoge. If they let that happen, Virgin America is going to become a very big and profitable domestic airline.

Callsign: Remember the FAA and US military have a lot to say on what callsign is assigned. There were many names on the list submitted. We like the double entendre, and it wasn't the raciest name on the internal list. Personally I thought "Buster" was the best, but it never made it to the submitted list.

Virtural cabatoge? Call it what you like, but the DOT is happy with the outcome of the financing. It is 25% foreign owned and flown under US certification. The employees are under US labor laws (RLA). So, if there is a Virgin Atlantic code share, how will that be any different than any of the global alliances now in place?

Callsign: Remember the FAA and US military have a lot to say on what callsign is assigned. There were many names on the list submitted. We like the double entendre, and it wasn't the raciest name on the internal list. Personally I thought "Buster" was the best, but it never made it to the submitted list.
It is funny, but I can't laugh when I realize what is going on with the American Aviation career.

Just one more nail in the coffin. When you look back 20 years, remember what part you played in it.

Virtural cabatoge? Call it what you like, but the DOT is happy with the outcome of the financing. It is 25% foreign owned and flown under US certification. The employees are under US labor laws (RLA). So, if there is a Virgin Atlantic code share, how will that be any different than any of the global alliances now in place?
No, the word is "virtual". Look it up.

As for the rest of it, don't be naive. Or maybe you really DON'T understand, which is even worse.

No vast conspiracy..

Where are their headquarters?

Possibly Redwood City, CA?

Could it be that simple?

Virtural cabatoge? Call it what you like, but the DOT is happy with the outcome of the financing.

Of course they are. They're directed by the Bush regime which is in favor of anything that makes billionaires richer and puts the "little people" (that's you and I) in our place. Hell, forget "virtual" cabatoge, they want full-blown actual cabatoge.

Just one step closer to having our jobs outsourced to Mexico just like every other "blue collar" worker.

Have you guys and gals seent he pay on Virgin? What a joke! Even if a virgin fool tries to make you believe it's worth it to get on for a quick upgrade, their pilots have to back to one-year payscale after making captian (which is merit based).

Isn't that how Cathay does it? US carrier, my ass. Virgin is a foreign carrier 100%.

I noticed there is only a $5 per hour pay raise each year for CA's.

I wonder how long it will take them to unionize if they don't match pay rates at JBLU or AAI for CA's? Not to mention merit-based upgrades, 2 blocks of 5 days vacations per year that never go up, and no stock options upon hiring or 401(k) match/retirement?

I guess you could get on early and gamble that things will get better as their applicant pool dwindles with the Legacies hiring into full swing next year.

Heck of a gamble, especially with no stock options.

Of course they are. They're directed by the Bush regime which is in favor of anything that makes billionaires richer and puts the "little people" (that's you and I) in our place. Hell, forget "virtual" cabatoge, they want full-blown actual cabatoge.

Just one step closer to having our jobs outsourced to Mexico just like every other "blue collar" worker.
:bawling: ah, those poor, disenfranchised, blue collar workers who worked so hard to pull themselves out of the gutter in order to come up with $30,000 for the PFT academy only to have evil W take it all away.

such authentic populism brings a tear to the eye.

Talking about foreign codeshares, Shuttle America will soon announce their impending alliance with a large foreign carrier. The first clue was their new callsign, often mispronounced as "Mercury", when it actually reads "My-Curry"! Can anyone guess who it is......................

On the subject of Virgin codeshares, open skies, and Cabotage issues, I wonder how long until they are allowed to fully operate as one company?

If they are allowed to do so, WILL they? Or will they let the Virgin America be the "regional" arm of Virgin Atlantic, since the pay scales are so disproportionate.

Could be something that works out beautifully for the VAMER pilots, or could just be another USA3000.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back