• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I understand, they can't find anyone dumb enough to invest in an airline startup right now. Go figure.

With fuel this high- No one can turn a profit. It'll come around once fuel settles down to below $50/barrel

dispatcher121 said:
I wanted to add to that comment. No one is dumb enough to invest in an airline whose base is SFO....where ground delays and airborne holds are issued more than any other airport I know. It's just not good business sense.

I would think ORD, EWR or ATL would be worse for GDP and holding than SFO.

I think EWR is the worst. But I'm not sure.

Last edited:
dispatcher121 said:
I wanted to add to that comment. No one is dumb enough to invest in an airline whose base is SFO....where ground delays and airborne holds are issued more than any other airport I know. It's just not good business sense.

I will have to disagree on this one.

I was based in SFO for nearly three years with UA. The delays at SFO come nowhere near the delays I've experienced on the east coast for the past year. LGA, JFK, FLL, BOS and EWR all stink. Heck, I was delayed about 3.5 hours tonight at BOS because of a little rain in the area.

As for west coast airports SFO is probably the worst as far as delays go. However, I thought SFO was getting (or has now) a PRM approach that allow for staggered ILS approaches on 28L and 28R. Also, how much has traffic declined at SFO since United started downsizing?

Since SFO doesn't have much low fare competition I would think it would be a great place for a bunch of E190's (David, are you reading this?) so long as they could schedule around United's banks.

GP

You can also add IAD and PHL to the list of airports with terrible delays.

SFO doesn't seem so bad.

Also, how much has traffic declined at SFO since United started downsizing?
None....remember, for every 130 pax a/c they used to fly, the bean counters have now substituted 2 50 pax a/c...

Bronson was on Bloomberg last week, stating they will announce in the next week or two who will be the 51% partner. They are also really starting thier own refinery and our in the process of obtaining money

Latest resources

Back