Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AKADX

Anyone work for them?

They are hiring in my area (though not for dispatchers, but maybe a foot in the door). I know nothing about them as an employer. Just looking for thoughts/opinions.

Thanks.

I'm a pilot at VX, what can I help with? They were hiring crew schedulers, but that position has closed for now. What job posting are you interested in?

Honestly don't remember exactly what it was. It wasn't dispatch or scheduler, but thought it could be a foot in the door. It was in Seattle. I'll look again when I get more time. Thanks for the reply!

Honestly don't remember exactly what it was. It wasn't dispatch or scheduler, but thought it could be a foot in the door. It was in Seattle. I'll look again when I get more time. Thanks for the reply!
The only jobs VX would have in SEA would be airport-related. Right now there is a Airport Team Member opening for SEA, with a note that the majority of these kinds of airport jobs are part time.

I've heard Redwood is canceling their ETOPS certification process...

ETOPs has been on hold right before the fleet deferral was announced. The CEO mentioned to a reporter that VX plans Hawaii in 2015, but nothing is for sure.

Why does it matter? Every market they enter is saturated.
It matters because, right now, there's no real money to be made in the mainland-to-Hawaii market. A cursory glance at that airspace shows the following carriers flying California to Hawaii: Alaska, American, Delta, Hawaiian, United. Add Allegiant from LAS, and you have market that cannot sustain another carrier.

Recognizing that and deploying those aircraft elsewhere is a smart decision by VX management.

Latest resources

Back