• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another tidbit of info to the original poster (who was looking for QOL-type info on VA before the thread turned into the usual Fubi vs. non-AS/non-union people):
I heard through the grapevine that new-hires will no longer be receiving A320 PIC type-ratings soon, if it's not happening already. To many it might not matter..to some it might be a deal-breaker perhaps for whatever reason.

Frankly, though VA has enjoyed a nice extended run of being able to be VERY picky..I think in the near future we'll be hiring 99% RJ pilots with little or no PIC and TT in the sub 4000 range (not that I'm saying that's bad).

FWIW...

Not true. What changed was when you went through training you did all of your training as flying pilot from the left seat. Now all training for FO's is done from the seat you will be flying. Everyone still gets typed just all training is in the right seat

I'll help Fubi out with some facts. Alaska started flying in 1932 depending on whether you count the McGee Airlines name or only when it officially became Alaska Airlines In 1944. The pilots unionized in 1947 joining ALPA. SO Virgin is either a year behind Alaska or won't catch up to them for 11 years. I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Thank you DASHDRIVER,finally a simple answer that the "GRAND FUBI" just couldn`t seem to answer.

Fubi is just embarassed that he got on at Alaska during the "B scale pay for B scale pilot" program. He lashes out at everyone, but say anything about Alaska and he will come unglued and almost stroke out.

Nice try, new Sacka, considering YOU can't get on at ANY airline. Even Gulftream won't let you PFT. Do you have a horn growing out of your head or something?

Nice try, new Sacka, considering YOU can't get on at ANY airline. Even Gulftream won't let you PFT. Do you have a horn growing out of your head or something?

We hashed this out before. My challenger and little learjet, as you put it in the majors section, pays all the bills with plenty left over. I would guess my pay is within 20k of yours.

I even have time to work on the golf game. Got in 70 rounds this year. We were even playing yesterday here in the midwest. Pretty impressive for mid November.

Last edited:
I actually looked up your pay rates. Instead of 20k, make it within 8k of your salary. 8 seats versus 120+ seats but the same pay. Why would I want to give that up to come to the airlines again??

Me thinks the lady doth protest TOO much, new Sacka.

So, "ET," I wonder when Sacka is going to chime in and say how pissed he is at you for stealing ALL his old material. Shouldn't be long now, since he sure is a cranky, no sense of humor, old son-of-a-bitch. :smash:

So, "ET," I wonder when Sacka is going to chime in and say how pissed he is at you for stealing ALL his old material. Shouldn't be long now, since he sure is a cranky, no sense of humor, old son-of-a-bitch. :smash:

He has all but disappeared. I thought he got suspended or something. His posts to you were way out of line, btw. I guess there are no more moderators so who knows?

Latest resources

Back