Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Instinct

Hello,

What are the shift schedules for Dispatchers at VA?

Also, what is their starting salary and progression?

Thank you!

Starting pay is ALOT, but you need it to live there. I now officially know 33 1/3% of their dispatch department, and all seem to really like it.

Hello,

What are the shift schedules for Dispatchers at VA?

Also, what is their starting salary and progression?

Thank you!

$58,000-60,000. Not enough to live on in SFO. A couple of flights to dispatch and someone micro managing you. Nay, I'll pass.
Oh, I also heard if there are open seats in first class and you are a nonrev stdby, they will leave you behind.

Thank you for the replies.

What would be their reasoning of not filling open first-class seats with non-revenues?

A dispatcher would be able to jump-seat regardless, correct? (assuming no one else is)

$58,000-60,000. Not enough to live on in SFO. A couple of flights to dispatch and someone micro managing you. Nay, I'll pass.
Oh, I also heard if there are open seats in first class and you are a nonrev stdby, they will leave you behind.

IF thats true, that would suck to work for a company who would treat its employees like this. I would be very supprised and disappointed if this is true.

Sorry not to be more clear - he said "if there are open first class seats and you're a non-rev, they will leave you behind."
It is true that there is no non-revving in F, but I thought he was saying that they also won't bump a rev pax up to F and get the nonrev a seat in coach.

I believe the reasoning behind no non-rev in first is that they don't want anybody being in a situation where they have to decide between putting revenue in F and non-rev in F.

Latest resources

Back