• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America to Lease Nine More Planes, Start New Routes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And Continental, with its $31/hr, no health insurance benefits, first year pay does a great job as well huh? And with the $5/hr raise coming soon, VAs second year pay will be at $60/hr for the A319/320, which is exactly $1/hr less than Continentals blended SN/LN pay rate for second year.

So you're planning on a two year career? Not looking beyond two years at all?

Good luck with that.:rolleyes:

So you're planning on a two year career? Not looking beyond two years at all?

Good luck with that.:rolleyes:

Thank you for proving my point!

If you cannot figure out the meaning of that response you are lost cause.

The only stone throwing are the ones I have picked up after you threw them. Second year pay is simply that, pay for your second year. It ain't great but guess what, it goes away after the second year. Imagine that! Will you still on your rant after our next contract is signed?

I wasn't the one who started the rant about contracts. I was simply responding and pointing out that Continentals contract isn't so great either.

I am extremely gratefull that you never had to work under a concessionary contract or a bankrupt contract or have been furloughed. Count yourself lucky.

Been furloughed three times. Where did you get the idea I have never been furloughed?

Nobody here ever asked you for a sacrifice. If you want to keep working at wherever you work, good for you. The original point is that VA, like any other start-up, including PE or NYAir, does that same thing, quotes the same rhetoric, and promises the same BS. Were different, were just getting started, we haven't been around as long as you have, etc. In the end what do you have; Another LCC, looking to try and pick the low-hanging fruit in choice markets because some douschebag CEO decided that they needed to start another airline.

Hmmm, you mean everyone who wants to start a new company is a "douschebag"? A large portion of your company came from a "douschebag CEO" yet you still took a job there. As stated before, start-ups are capitalism at work. Yes there are back handed deals, lawyers trying to find loopholes, etc. Every company in America does it, even Continental. But when you have a free market, like we have and cherish here in the USA, start-up companies are a way of life. Get over it or move to North Korea.

Question now is if you think CAL is so bad, why aren't you working for DAL, FDX, UPS, AMR, or JBLU? Why VA? And please don't come on here and tell us all how VA is going to change the way poeple fly.

I don't think Continental is bad. I actually like it. What I don't like is people who work there criticizing my company. As for your question, tell me which one of them has been hiring while I was on furlough number three?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back