• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America still needs MORE cash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wealthy groups? investors? equity group? It's Branson and only Branson. VA is a foreign owned company operating in the domestic U.S. Now I know there's a word for that.......what's it called again??

You make a bold, of course, completely inaccurate statement. Any chance you can back up your rantings with fact.

An example of a fact. Cyrus Capital and Black Canyon, both US investment firms make up 75 percent of the ownership group for Virgin America.

I know that we all have strong opinions about many things but living in an imaginary world does not further your cause. If you would like a real eye opener look at foreign ownership of every large us corporation. Economies are global, period. My IRA has many investment in non US companies. etc, etc
I don't need to post facts. Why don't you post facts that prove me wrong? Facts besides " the money comes from blue diamond lizard trading company of Burbank" or whatever name Branson has on the paperwork. I think it's pretty obvious, but if you need to believe that Branson only controls 25% so that you can sleep at night, then go right ahead.

Thanks. It's unfortunate that your community college didn't teach you to not end a sentence with "that".....dumbass

To borrow the words of Winston Churchill when someone told him he shouldn't end a sentence in a preposition:

"That is the kind of thing up with which I will not put."

Of course he was making fun of the non-existent rule that is often misunderstood. It is often very appropriate to end a sentence in a preposition.

Thanks. It's unfortunate that your community college didn't teach you to not end a sentence with "that".....dumbass

Dude...relax!! Just wanted to chat about some of that Michigan football??.....basketball?? What years were you in "A squared"?

Last edited:
Dude...relax!! Just wanted to chat about some of that Michigan football??.....basketball?? What years were you in "A squared"?
I KNOW he doesn't want to talk about football! :laugh:

Several months ago SW borrowed 600 million.

SWA borrowed $600 million because they can and they haven't had to use it. Try borrowing that kind of money today. Good luck. Add that to the billions they have on hand and they can weather out this economic storm better that most. This economic fall cannot last for ever. In the meantime, some airlines will go out of business or drastically reduce capacity thus decreasing their revenue. Also, look for SWA to buy more hedges when fuel hits around the 70-80 range. Jet fuel will not stay below $90 for long. Cash is king and they have a bunch.

Latest resources

Back