Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Skirting Ownership Rules To Survive !!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once again, front9 meet avatar.
Once again another useless post from Bavarian Chef
Thank you Chef for once again adding nothing to FI – Good Job

Seriously? You can take all that time to gin up a groovy avatar and yet that's what you come back with?

BTW -- since when do I have to add anything of value to flightinfo?

All of this is just the icing on the cake because the new insider news is that Bransen is buying large blocks of tickets on flights to improve the liquidity and financial performance of the company. This is a loophole that Bransen can use to bypass the ownership limits because afterall how can anybody say who can and can not buy tickets.

Anyone else hear of this last ditch effort?[/quote]

clickclickboom,

Please show some proof of this highly unlikely story....

Against my better judgment I get drug into this flame fest...

Clickclick: Yes, the DOT denied the disclosure appeal. Yes, the stats will be made public in a few days. The stats have been filed all along, just not made public pending the appeal. Private companies in other industries, and private airlines in other countries do not disclose for competitive reasons. The DOT rules allowed for a non disclosure request and an appeal process, the company (along with others) used the rules to their advantage. The DOT and the investors have had access to the info all along, so all that will change is that witch in MSY will have something to talk about.

As to your "insider info" on ticket purchase manipulation, please share with the class or call the DOT if you have facts. Otherwise, your comments are a pile of manure. To say that the company is "skirting the rules" is misleading and false.

Pilotboob: Well well, the barnyard is complete, the big a$$ has arrived. In this economy I sure hope you don't wind up unemployed.

Last edited:
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocumentDetail&o=090000648083eeda

This consent order concerns reporting delinquencies by Virgin America Inc. (Virgin America) that constitute violations of 49 U.S.C. § 41708 and the accounting and reporting requirements specified in 14 CFR Part 241. This order directs Virgin America to cease and desist from future violations of this statute and this regulatory provision, and assesses the carrier a compromise civil penalty of $40,000. the DOT

Latest resources

Back