Virgin America schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjs1

I'm looking for info on the schedules for VA. I will be commuting from the east coast.

And before any of you start, I am not interested in the bottom feeder comments that always seem to show up. I am working a real bottom feeder now so those will bounce right off.

XJS1

www.virginamerica.com

We are in CASS, so if you are too there are 2 JS in front, plus any open coach seat is a JS as well.

Just check the loads and fill out the form at the gate. Stop by the ticket counter if you need a TSA gate pass.

Ralph,

Who do you currently have jumpseat agreements with? Also what would a line look like for a newbie?

Thanks
xjs1

JS with all but a few legacy carriers. We are working on those right now. We do offer JS to any 121 pilot regardless of an agreement but will ask them to help us in getting agreements with their carriers.

Lines? We are all "newbies" as far as that's concerned. We have PBS but haven't seen a bid result yet. Right now there is a lot of IOE going on. We do have a lot of transcons in relation to the short haul LAX flying if that helps.

JS with all but a few legacy carriers. We are working on those right now. We do offer JS to any 121 pilot regardless of an agreement but will ask them to help us in getting agreements with their carriers.

Lines? We are all "newbies" as far as that's concerned. We have PBS but haven't seen a bid result yet. Right now there is a lot of IOE going on. We do have a lot of transcons in relation to the short haul LAX flying if that helps.

Hey ralph I've got a couple Q's about Virgin, could you pm me an email address to get a hold of you at.

Thanks

I'm looking for info on the schedules for VA. I will be commuting from the east coast.

And before any of you start, I am not interested in the bottom feeder comments that always seem to show up. I am working a real bottom feeder now so those will bounce right off.

XJS1

Hey, I'm just curious if you have the 7,000 hours that VA requires, or is the 7,000 not really a hard requirement? Your profile says 4000+ hours. Thanks.

My time is now over 5,000 TT and I know that is short of posted mins but I figure they will come down at some point. I am just planning ahead

Mins

For those at VA, will the mins come down?
Did most have an A320 type when hired?
The on-line app they if i would pay for the type. i x'd no and never heard anything.
Thanx.
Take care.
Joe.

Just got called for an interview at Virgin America. Can anyone who is there tell me the basics? QOL, days off, lines, rsv rules, upgrade times, 1st year avg. pay? I appreciate the help...thanks

Just got called for an interview at Virgin America. Can anyone who is there tell me the basics? QOL, days off, lines, rsv rules, upgrade times, 1st year avg. pay? I appreciate the help...thanks

For what it is worth, I went to an interview there in early Aug. They seem like a great company and are planning a lot of fast expansion. They would like to be as large as Jet Blue within 3 years. They have 100 a/c on order. Growing pains are normal and they are not union at this time. I know Branson hates unions and even though the US govt says he has little control..not really true. He is the largest shareholder and is very much in volved. Which can be good or bad. He did say that American pilots were the paid too much a few years back...so... Other than that, I see it as a positive place to work. I was offered a training class and I am still milling over what to do. You get 11 days off, but right now the schedule sucks and I see guys commuting 11 hours a day to get to work. SFO only base for now and for near future. No pay during 2 week indoc in SFO and no hotel provided. That can be very expensive. Not the greatest health care but, not the worst. They did say that if you cancel a flight, you have to make it up on a day off during that month if you can. Not sure if this still holds true 2 months later but, that seemed a bit odd. So, for now, QOL..not good, pay is not the best and even worse for F.O.s. But, all that said, they are very cool about interviewing and laid back! Very nice people there and they do want a positive change in the industry. I am sure it will be a great place to be oneday!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back