Virgin America question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A few questions about VA benefits:

How is the health insurance and what do you pay monthly for family coverage?

What knd of travel benefits do you have and are there ID/ZED agreements in place with international carriers?

How many days off are you guarenteed?

Thanks.

But remember you can also wear the "Uniform Shirt" - Something that's formal but also says Hey, I like to party too.

SHAKE-N-BAKE ............

I forget exactly how much I pay per month for health insurance, but for my wife and I, I think it's around $220/month.

We don't have many international travel bennies, but they are increasing as time goes on. My wife has bennies from another airline so we use those, sorry I can't give you more details. I do know it's mostly ZED fares and ID90s... with some though it's better just to buy a ticket.

I am not sure how many days off we are guaranteed, but i think it's 10 or 11 days off depending on the length of the month. The reserve rules are pretty bad, but like everything else it's improving... slowly. Hopefully with the hiring and the increased flying it will be less of an issue.

As far as the 82 hours goes... I try to fly about 92 hours and most months I am able. In fact I don't think i've been below 80 in over a year.

The 82 hour deal goes down to 80 in June, along with a pay raise. Captains will be bumped up 5$, and I think third year FOs and up will get the same... year 2 only goes up $2. So with that, and my longevity increase, by the end of 2010 I will get $120/hr as a fifth year Capt. Hardly industry average, but we are getting closer.

Like any company there are good and bad things here. For the most part, as crews we have a pretty good time, and the work is pretty easy.

For the guys who couldn't be paid enough to work here... fine, but what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Plenty of companies that I don't want to work for, maybe even yours... but who cares? Sure beats unemployment.

I forget exactly how much I pay per month for health insurance, but for my wife and I, I think it's around $220/month.

We don't have many international travel bennies, but they are increasing as time goes on. My wife has bennies from another airline so we use those, sorry I can't give you more details. I do know it's mostly ZED fares and ID90s... with some though it's better just to buy a ticket.

I am not sure how many days off we are guaranteed, but i think it's 10 or 11 days off depending on the length of the month. The reserve rules are pretty bad, but like everything else it's improving... slowly. Hopefully with the hiring and the increased flying it will be less of an issue.

As far as the 82 hours goes... I try to fly about 92 hours and most months I am able. In fact I don't think i've been below 80 in over a year.

The 82 hour deal goes down to 80 in June, along with a pay raise. Captains will be bumped up 5$, and I think third year FOs and up will get the same... year 2 only goes up $2. So with that, and my longevity increase, by the end of 2010 I will get $120/hr as a fifth year Capt. Hardly industry average, but we are getting closer.

Like any company there are good and bad things here. For the most part, as crews we have a pretty good time, and the work is pretty easy.

For the guys who couldn't be paid enough to work here... fine, but what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Plenty of companies that I don't want to work for, maybe even yours... but who cares? Sure beats unemployment.

Thanks, been invited for the interview and am looking forward to it. Pay can always be better, we all know that. But year one pay at VA is almost double year one pay at the regional I just started at after nearly a year of unemployment. In fact my year one pay at the regional is less than the unemployment pay I was receiving.

Hopefully the news will be good. Can't believe I made it past that online aptitude test, man was I worn out after that thing.

Its a shame they hired all those Freedom A listers. I wouldnt want those backstabers on a seniorty list with me.

I think if you look into mesa/freedom you will see that freedom was go-jet before there was go-jet. Do some searching you may not want those people in a fox hole with you when negotiating a contract.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back