Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure we've interviewed folks with less time. Send in your app. It helps if you can get someone you have flown with who is here write you a letter of rec. G'luck!

Thanks for the info, I'll try my luck and apply. I don't have any internal recs so I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle, do you guys think a lack of recs and being a few hundred hrs short will be a deal-breaker??

Howdy. Reserve is usually 12 days off a month. 11 on shorter months. Day 1 of reserve starts with being contactable and 2 hours from the airport at 330pm the first day and then slides to an early schedule at the end of the week. Example. Day 1 is contactable 1530-midnight. Day 2 goes earlier..contactable at 9am to 630 pm and the last few days are 330am to 330pm. Makes it easier to commute in and out on the same day. Not sure how long reserve will be...I think it's running 3 months or so for newbies.

Once you hold a line there are 4, 3, 2 and day trips. Not as many 4 day trips as there used to be, but you can get 4 day 4 legs trips as you get more senior. I think folks with lines are averaging about 75-80ish hours a month (don't quote me on that been sitting reserve since March on the captain side).

As far as days off for line holders you can just bid for lines that will give you the min credit (usually around 70 hours). When I was a senior lineholding fo I could easily get 15 days off a month. 18-19 occasionally....might be a bit less now.

Junior bases in order of most junior are : SFO, LAX, JFK and IAD.

The interview is pretty straightforward. Business casual. Don't wear a tie. Seriously. Don't wear a tie. Lots of TMAAT questions.(Tell Me about a time when..) Good gouge out there on the fly for food site. Smile a lot. Be sincere. Have good relevant stories to the question being asked and be yourself. If you have made it to the interview, they like what they see on paper. As far as the ATP thing...I think there are questions from the test bank. I'm sure someone else who has interviewed recently can chime in.

It's a great place to work and it will get better. Don't fret about the naysayers. I commute a lot on Alaska and United and have had nothing but good rides and will always reciprocate a ride to ANYONE else. Even Mr. Woodpecker. Hope that helps and good luck!

Do you know if there still doing an ATP written test at the interview?
Thanks.

Do you know if there still doing an ATP written test at the interview?
Thanks.

I have heard 2nd hand that they are not doing it. In the past I've been told that the ATP test results were only used if a candidate was on the fence. If they all wanted you the test was not used. If the panel was split on a canidate, the test was scored. Good score = good news, bad score = bad news.

No. I did my studying while on deployment in the middle east. What are you driving at here man? I just corrected your spelling.

No. I did my studying while on deployment in the middle east. What are you driving at here man? I just corrected your spelling.

Ok, Ok, you started it! Ha Ha. JK. Just a little on the defensive side, I didn't do spell check what can I say, and I didn't pick up on the sarcasm.

I am sure the hits will be coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back