• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for info. Is IAD a base now?

Yes and no. We can bid the IAD pairings in advance as open time prior to the official PBS. It will then show up as pre assigned duty in the regular monthly bid. If you don't get any IAD pairings you have to bid your official base to get at least 70/mo credit. The down side is the pairings you may get can be scattered around making the task of building a commutable schedule in your real base difficult.

In theory it is open to anyone from any official base (SFO LAX JFK) but in reality you won't get any IAD unless you are very senior in seat.

We wish it were a real base!

Actually, as a private web site, it most certainly is.

Forget trying to explain anything to him, he gained his view of the world at age two and it has been set in stone ever since, which explains why he acts like a two year old. You present facts to him and he covers his ears and shouts "nah, nah, nah, I can't hear you!"

Any word on when they might drop that 5,000tt min?? I'm oh so close but it's hard to time-build at my current corporate gig!...

Just click on a person's name to the left of the message to view their public profile. Then click the "User Lists" menu below his name on the profile page, and you can add him to your Ignore list.

Thank you.

Any word on when they might drop that 5,000tt min?? I'm oh so close but it's hard to time-build at my current corporate gig!...

I'm pretty sure we've interviewed folks with less time. Send in your app. It helps if you can get someone you have flown with who is here write you a letter of rec. G'luck!

Thanks for info. Is IAD a base now?

IAD might be a good commuter base.

I looked at moving to the DC area (Northern Virginia) a few years back and the real estate costs are astronomical (no value for money). That said, I guess it still might be cheaper than the LA and SFO real estate but NOT BY MUCH (and the weather sucks - freezing in the winter and swampy/hot in the summer). Plus, you are surrounded by politicians, lobbyists and lawyers - YIKES!

On the FO side Dulles is going junior. Not even all of the trips available are getting picked up. They then get broken up into SFO flying.

I sit around the 50% mark on the FO list and sat Reserve for about 4 months. Even since then I have been awarded 18+ lines unless I choose to fly more than minimum. I just got on second year pay and want to make some money for the next few minths till xmass. So now I have been bidding 16-17 days off with 85-90hrs of credit. Really not that bad. Its all in learning the pbs bidding system that we use here. Good luck. Lots more spots available this year and early next. Hiring till around June for this growth spurt and then there will be a cooling off phase till the next group of a/c arrive in early 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back