• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America pilot pay increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, so get off our backs!!! ;) Dangit Frontier, you're bringing the industry down!!! :p
Frontier has had it tough. I feel bad for anyone owned by BB. I wonder if down the road there is any chance for Frontier to split up, take their pilots out of the Eischen award, and merge with another A320 carrier (Spirit, Jetblue, or VX). I have always had good treatment on Frontier, and wish them the best.

Frontier now has the lowest pay rates.

Congrats VA guys/gals.

Hourly pay, total compensation?

We are nothing to write home about but F9 is not the lowest in hourly pay or total compensation.

You have to look at rates of pay, work rules, retirement contributions.

Considering the fact that we exited BK with no work rules touched (bid hard line and get paid for vacation/training and then add,drop,swap at will) along with 9.2% in retirement contributions we are doing so-so.

Our book rates are higher than a number of the current "raises" but the LOA 19,21,39,67 have taken a toll. We do have a snap back to current book in place, but I actually hope it doesn't happen considering the time frame.

With all of that being said, congrats to the Virgin guys, they deserve the pay raise.

F9s A320 pay rates are the lowest, except USAir which is about to change. Our work rules and other compensation are average. Some areas of our contract are superior and other areas are inferior, with some in-between.

Stay seated, why don't you want the snapback? You can message me if you want. No hard feelings brother.

why don't you want the snapback? You can message me if you want. No hard feelings brother.

If you really read the agreements that were negotiated in the summer of 2011 you will find an effort capture every imaginable contingency. One single component of the agreements captures 22 specific different outcomes.

The "snap back" that I referred to is somewhat of a safety net. In the event that no other transaction occurs, and the Company returns to profitability, we launch back to current book.

Frankly, if we are still at part of RAH at that point in time it won't matter what we are paid.

When the legacies start hiring, things could get pretty interesting for VX.

Legacies have been "starting hiring" since before my first solo.

Flew a JB jumpseater home from the Orlando training center. He said there were 5 VA guys in the most recent class. Obvious this is "hearsey" does anyone know for sure?

Flew a JB jumpseater home from the Orlando training center. He said there were 5 VA guys in the most recent class. Obvious this is "hearsey" does anyone know for sure?

So you can take the red pill, but later switch to the blue pill?

Last edited:
I thought the blue juice was what's in the lavs, but I digress.

Latest resources

Back