• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Pilot Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any info on how senior is JFK going as a pilot base?

I wouldn't worry about that as much as how long you'll be riding the right side!!!! A LONG TIME!!!!

Are they even hiring?

Yes we are. Hey Spin whats with the negativity? You work here don't you?

cool....

submitted my stuff late last night.

these unemployment checks suck!

So does anyone know the answer to the original question about seniority at JFK?

Spin, why do you think that dudes will be sitting in the right seat for a long time?

JFK is a very small (10 crews) and very senior base. While there is some idle chatter about expanding it or some other east coast based flying, it will be a while before any decision is made.

The chances of getting JFK as a new hire are slim to none.

JFK is a very small (10 crews) and very senior base. While there is some idle chatter about expanding it or some other east coast based flying, it will be a while before any decision is made.

The chances of getting JFK as a new hire are slim to none.

I wouldn't say that at all. There are some very jr FO's in JFK. The lowest one is 10 numbers from the bottom of the list. Not to mention 6 of the current 10 FO's are scheduled for upgrade between now and June. So I think that someone hired in the next couple months actually has a great shot at getting JFK right away.

I wouldn't say that at all. There are some very jr FO's in JFK. The lowest one is 10 numbers from the bottom of the list. Not to mention 6 of the current 10 FO's are scheduled for upgrade between now and June. So I think that someone hired in the next couple months actually has a great shot at getting JFK right away.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot the upgrade factor opening up some slots. I still don't see it expanding any more than the size it is now.

It seems to be very senior for the top slots, then very junior for the bottom slots. Guess being #10 of 10 in your seat is not too appealing.

Latest resources

Back