Virgin America - PIC requirement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
j41driver:

I apologize for the mis use of the word "their".

Believe it or not, I do know the difference. I wrote the thread in the night after moving a kid into college all day. Guess I was a little tired. Sorry teach

Just so you know, the next time I will proof read or not post at all.

iflyhigh

j41 driver:

Deducting from your avatar and j41 pedigree, let me translate for you:

W'ed whoed up hirin' fer a bit, but we's fixin ta hire a class 'er two real soon now, 'yhear?

Said in jest... War Damn Eagle ya'll...

Just a friendly reminder...

THEIR - pronoun
1.a form of the possessive case of they used as an attributive adjective, before a noun: their home; their rights as citizens; their departure for Rome.
2.(used after an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine form his or the definite feminine form her): Someone left their book on the table. Did everyone bring their lunch?

THEY'RE - contraction of they are

THERE - adverb
1.in or at that place (opposed to HERE): She is there now.
2.at that point in an action, speech, etc.: He stopped there for applause.
3.in that matter, particular, or respect: His anger was justified there.
4.into or to that place; thither: We went there last year.
5.(used by way of calling attention to something or someone): There they go.
6.in or at that place where you are: Well, hi there.
–pronoun
7.(used to introduce a sentence or clause in which the verb comes before its subject or has no complement): There is no hope.
8.that place: He comes from there, too.
9.that point.
–noun
10.that state or condition: I'll introduce you to her, but you're on your own from there on.
–adjective
11.(used for emphasis, esp. after a noun modified by a demonstrative adjective): Ask that man there.
–interjection
12.(used to express satisfaction, relief, encouragement, approval, consolation, etc.): There! It's done.
GET A LIFE, FAST!!!!!

Next question, is Virgin America serious about merit based upgrade? What is included in "merit"? Is age a factor?

Merit based upgrade is finished. Seniority only now.

Just curious, though, why did you ask if age was a factor?

Glad to hear it. There isn't a large contingent of 20 something A320 captains, would've hated to get passed over due to "maturity." Thanks for the info.

I'm getting ready to send in a resume myself. About to cross the 7000 hr mark and I know if you don't know anyone there (which I don't) then that's one of the requirements. But I'm in the same boat as positive rate, have a bunch of Arbi time but not the 1000 pic turbine. Whats the latest on the new JFK base? Has this been pushed back some or are they going to be hiring to fill that base as well?

Thanks!

JFK is a "satellite base" with like 12 pilots. It goes super senior and word is that it will likely grow in the future.

Well, I guess they could lower it to Commercial, Instrument and Multi passed, but in reality 5000 TT and 1000 TPIC is barely competitive even one year in.

Just telling you the facts...

Latest resources

Back