Virgin America orders 60 Airbus with Sharklets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me guess, you work at Jetblue.

It was jetblue's last pay scale (current at the time) that Delta took into court and used to have a judge distroy comairs pay rates.

12 year captains pay, $88 an hour!

Do you live in a glass house?

I am actually one of the happiest people you will ever meet. However forward looking statments, talking points, and feel good conversation about making work nicer will not put food in your stomach or a 20% deposit on a home as quickly as an industry average pay.

Really??? Seem to work at SWA, Jblu, fill in the blank..... Look, if it doesn't work for you, great... can't help that. Works for me and 400 of my closest friends, for now. Puts plenty of food in my stomach, and I put my 20% down a few yrs ago when I was making 3 times as much. Can't help those who haven't put down there 20% yet. Putting down your 20% is not an entitlement, its a luxury. The sense that everyone is owed something is why America is turning into what it is, instead of what it was. It takes work to achieve what you desire and that takes time. Will it work in 1.5-2 yrs, no way!! Of course if they continue down the road of the Jblu model of increasing pay inclemently to keep the masses happy we may never achieve an industry standard contract (thoughts from your own pilots).

You and anyone else are free not to work here. When our pay rates are used in court to destroy somebody else's contract give us hell. Until then, we are fine with the direction we are moving. Its not that we disagree with any outsiders assessment. We, as I said, are ok with it for the short term.

Peace out

I am actually one of the happiest people you will ever meet. However forward looking statments, talking points, and feel good conversation about making work nicer will not put food in your stomach or a 20% deposit on a home as quickly as an industry average pay.

You sound like one of the happiest people I will ever meet :rolleyes:

News flash - truly happy people do not have the need to make themselves feel better by belittling others. Please try again.

I am actually one of the happiest people you will ever meet.

I have met you. I wouldn't say you are one of the happiest people I have ever met. You seemed marginally happy, but far from the happiest ever. I'm not saying you need therapy or anything like that. However, you just don't strike me as super happy.

I have never met a happy person that is so concerned about what others do. Usually it's when you are miserable that you are constantly looking at others to try and justify your life. This is even more evident when you have to criticize someone else's choices. Happiest person we'll ever meet?! Doubt it.

ugh, First let me try to address what I am trying to get at. It is not about any persons choices, and for the record Little Mojito I challenge you to point out to me where i criticized someone else's choices, Or belittling others (NEDude).

My (poor efforts) were to try to point out than many corporations, use talking points, and forward looking statements, and feel good mojo, to get away from providing the pay and benefits that the employees deserve. I am sorry that you took my comments on your company as belittling or criticism. For the RECORD non of my statements were directed at any person or your choices, you just ASSumed that it is was.

Recently my volunteer work with a non profit third party group (which I enjoy and brings good mojo to me) to aide the short comings of a "feel good, talking point, forward looking statements corporation" health care insurance, Has opened my eyes to a common corporate strategy to employees. The pay issue is just the tip of the ice burg, usually short comings in pay gets the thought process started.

Again my bad on trying to communicate my point of view.

In yet another sign of a gloomy future, Virgin America announced service to DFW starting in December. Oh please, when will the bad news end?!

*pure sarcasm in case you can't tell*

Well, Smoking Man, I never said you were directly criticizing anyone. No, instead you do it in a very generalized way. You suggest that their decision to work there was bad because it doesn't put food on the table or allow them to put 20% down on a home as quickly as working somewhere else. Have you ever considered that some of us do this for fun? Not all of us are dependent on this job to put food on the table. As a matter of fact, I would suggest that if you are in the situation where you look to your pay check from jetblue to survive, then YOU'RE the one who made wrong choices in life. But what do I know?! Oh, and for the record, I don't work at VA.

The vast majority of us, while the job is indeed fun, depend upon it to put food on the table. Those of you whom do it only for "fun" while you have other careers compromise the ability of the rest of us to support our families. Wow.....

The vast majority of us, while the job is indeed fun, depend upon it to put food on the table. Those of you whom do it only for "fun" while you have other careers compromise the ability of the rest of us to support our families. Wow.....

+1 This is how we support our family. We can't all be good at commodities speculation and derivatives trading.

Latest resources

Back