• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America orders 60 Airbus with Sharklets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How exactly is that, aewannabe? I didn't make the decision to rely on your flying career for your survival. You did that all on your own. I don't see how me making good decisions has any impact on you. You chose your path, don't blame me for it.

For your information, Smarta$$, you can be good at anything you set your mind to. It's just a matter of investing the time necessary. There is nothing better than knowing you don't need your job to survive. Granted, my airline job does have it's perks, like group health insurance, free money for my 401k, etc. Even as expensive as group health insurance is, its still way cheaper than a private policy. Don't sell yourself short.

Last edited:
I for one do use it to put food on my table. And I would like smoking man, or anyone else, to tell me what airline out there that is hiring and will do a better job at it while giving me a decent quality of life. Name one. Air Tran? Their pay is as bad as our and new-hires are looking at five plus years on reserve in ATL. No thank you. Delta has put the breaks on their limited hiring. American has over a thousand on the street. CAL and UAL are merging and combined have over 1500 on the street. USAirways has guys on furlugh. UPS just furloughed. FedEx isn't hiring. Southwest isn't hiring. Alaska isn't hiring. Hawaiian has done very limited hiring.

American
Delta
Continental/United
USAirways
Southwest
FedEx
UPS
Alaska
Hawaiian

So those are not options. So tell me who should I go work for? An ALPA regional? I just left one and my take home pay and time at home have both doubled - so not going back there.

Suggestions?

For your information, Smarta$$, you can be good at anything you set your mind to. It's just a matter of investing the time necessary. There is nothing better than knowing you don't need your job to survive. Granted, my airline job does have it's perks, like group health insurance, free money for my 401k, etc. Even as expensive as group health insurance is, its still way cheaper than a private policy. Don't sell yourself short.

Again... Good for you.

If some one asks you for some advice give it, otherwise close your mouth and enjoy the fact that you don't need a job.

Your statment above makes you sound like a braggy spoiled brat.

"Gosh I don't need a job, so you shouldn't want better from yours either, man you should have been smarter"

Pretty classless attitude dude.:(

Gentalmen, can we calm down a bit on the lauguage.. it was a bit over the top... everyone is entitled to an opinion, we don't have to resort to balsting others because you disagree.. Plz..

Clr4// MOD

Have you ever considered that some of us do this for fun? Not all of us are dependent on this job to put food on the table. As a matter of fact, I would suggest that if you are in the situation where you look to your pay check from jetblue to survive, then YOU'RE the one who made wrong choices in life. But what do I know?! Oh, and for the record, I don't work at VA.

I'll try again....without cursing at this clown...

You are the WORST NIGHTMARE of every professional pilot on the face of the planet.

FUN??.....FUN??...:angryfire

You want to have fun....go rent a Warrior....some of us are trying to have careers here. Idiot.....:uzi:

Man that was hard....

Personally I liked the original much better!

I'll try again....without cursing at this clown...

You are the WORST NIGHTMARE of every professional pilot on the face of the planet.

FUN??.....FUN??...:angryfire

You want to have fun....go rent a Warrior....some of us are trying to have careers here. Idiot.....:uzi: kakapoopoodoodyface!

Man that was hard....

Latest resources

Back