• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America orders 60 Airbus with Sharklets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even with planes coming, people are still doubting. That is too funny! We are only going to get bigger. Thx for your concerns though..... :D

We had a company wide meeting yesterday - things are looking VERY good.

I suspect it will be around the time we have some leverage. What do you think?

Still no answer to the more pay question eh?

Pay will come with time. There was a point when Southwest was young their pay was far behind. There was a point when UPS was young their pay was far behind. There was a point when JetBlue was young their pay was far behind. As Virgin grows and continues to establish as a company the pay will come. Fortunately some of us have some perspective and are able to understand and accept that. As for the short-term, the pay scale now is far better than at any regional out there and it comes with far greater career potential than any regional can offer. If things continue to progress as the current numbers indicate, there are few majors out there that can offer the potential that Virgin can offer, especially for those of us who are older than our mid-30s.

So the short answer to your question is no, there are no immediate improvements forecast for the pay rates. However we just had a pay raise that took effect in June, and all indications are that as the company grows and moves towards profitability the company will continue to increase the pay rates as well. And with the news from the company meeting, that growth and profitability will come sooner rather than later.

You remind me of a captain I flew with a few years back who was one of the most bitter, angry and rotten people I have ever flown with. Everything about the company was just awful and made sure I knew it over the entire four days of our trip. I finally asked him what would make the company better and him satisfied with his job and his response was "ten dollars an hour more". I am so glad we do not have many of those people here, makes going to work so much nicer.

Have a nice day.

Pay will come with time. There was a point when Southwest was young their pay was far behind. There was a point when UPS was young their pay was far behind. There was a point when JetBlue was young their pay was far behind. As Virgin grows and continues to establish as a company the pay will come. Fortunately some of us have some perspective and are able to understand and accept that. As for the short-term, the pay scale now is far better than at any regional out there and it comes with far greater career potential than any regional can offer. If things continue to progress as the current numbers indicate, there are few majors out there that can offer the potential that Virgin can offer, especially for those of us who are older than our mid-30s.

So the short answer to your question is no, there are no immediate improvements forecast for the pay rates. However we just had a pay raise that took effect in June, and all indications are that as the company grows and moves towards profitability the company will continue to increase the pay rates as well. And with the news from the company meeting, that growth and profitability will come sooner rather than later.

You remind me of a captain I flew with a few years back who was one of the most bitter, angry and rotten people I have ever flown with. Everything about the company was just awful and made sure I knew it over the entire four days of our trip. I finally asked him what would make the company better and him satisfied with his job and his response was "ten dollars an hour more". I am so glad we do not have many of those people here, makes going to work so much nicer.

Have a nice day.

I am actually one of the happiest people you will ever meet. However forward looking statments, talking points, and feel good conversation about making work nicer will not put food in your stomach or a 20% deposit on a home as quickly as an industry average pay.

Like the man said, give it time. Industry average pay is great if you have growth. Most places are to the point of having ten year FO's. As a nine year and now furloughed FO, I'm looking forward to being at a place that has plans to grow. To each his own. Much better than being unemployed.

Latest resources

Back