• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America new modern pilot uniforms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This new uniform SUCKS!! I want the "Johnny Cash" back!! Should also show all you "nay sayers" that there is money being made here at Virgin. If we are wasting money on this stupid crap...then there is definitely money in the cookie jar.

:rolleyes:
Instead of Johnny Cash, now we get to be the prison guard. We're still in Folsom County. Hopefully when the final product shows on the doorstep, it doesnt look all that bad. Personally, if its the traditional pilot shirt, it will be miles better than the garbage we wear now. I don't care for the grey, but the black is goofy also. We're just used to the old goofy look.

I agree, its a shame to waste money on uniform changes, refresh, parties, red carpet, and a slew of other things when we can't pour cash out of a 5 gallon bucket fast enough to keep us going.

As an RJ guy stuck in the right seat at a company about to go under with no PIC time, I choose unemployment then to have to wear that! Really?

Our new shirt is the same as yours bluedude, just gray vs blue. The one on the model looks goofy because it is 2 sizes too small. I am glad we are ditching the black bartender shirt.

1. Where is your tie? You can take it off and be comfortable in the cockpit, but look professional outside.

2. I wouldn't call the new look an improvement over your current eurotrash/bartender uniform. Both are barely above Skybus'.

3. Most jb pilots would prefer to be in a white shirt. We'll see what happens after we get a CBA.

1. Where is your tie? You can take it off and be comfortable in the cockpit, but look professional outside.

Give it a rest on the tie already. I have no desire to wear a tie. What I wear has nothing to do with my professionalism. My professionalism comes from my 25 years of operating transport category aircraft safely and efficiently. I don't care for this uniform but whatever, I didn't care for wearing white shirts and ties either.

Our new shirt is the same as yours bluedude, just gray vs blue. The one on the model looks goofy because it is 2 sizes too small. I am glad we are ditching the black bartender shirt.

And if I showed up for work with no wings, no tie, shirt unbuttoned, nobody would mistake me for a pilot either, epaulets or no epaulets. Your new uniform is barely business casual, much less professional. "Looks good on *you* though..."

Give it a rest on the tie already. I have no desire to wear a tie. What I wear has nothing to do with my professionalism. My professionalism comes from my 25 years of operating transport category aircraft safely and efficiently. I don't care for this uniform but whatever, I didn't care for wearing white shirts and ties either.

Let's just give the entire uniform a rest. Hey, wear whatever you want; skip the epaulets (oh yeah, already tried that one), wear tennis shoes, shorts, pony tail, whatever makes you feel good. Your "25 years of operating transport category aircraft..." looks very low class, cheap and cheesy in your current and future "uniforms".

But as bluedude said, Looks good on you though. I bet you get a free bowl of soup with it.

This new uniform SUCKS!! I want the "Johnny Cash" back!! Should also show all you "nay sayers" that there is money being made here at Virgin. If we are wasting money on this stupid crap...then there is definitely money in the cookie jar.

:rolleyes:
The money is being made by some connection to your executive leadership.
SOMEBODY at VA is making money off this.

Latest resources

Back