Virgin America eyes NY, SF.....?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dizel8,

You really don't think Song is hurting you, huh? Well, ok--I guess you know the numbers too. Everytime I come up with an article--like the one stating Song had a profitable first quarter---you say it is a lie......Whatever dude. And you did have lean years--I saw you guys at the Lauderdale beach hotel with your stupid blue uniforms when you started out--you looked ridiculous.

As far as me having "glee"---what? I asked a question on how Virgin America or USA etc. might affect you since Jetblue usually steers clear of any LCC competion except Song.....You respond in typical Jetblue fashion "We're the best...." Give it a break. I know you guys are doing well right now---great. But, would that change if Virgin puts up some competition? Maybe---and that scares you---you guys respond immediately by attacking the person asking a question. You guys must have been backyard bullies in grade school---with small wangs.

Have you questioned Salvaggio about the profits? Ever heard of Sarbanes Oxley? The new law that states you cannot lie--especially to the public? I guess those press reports are full of lies? And they are a division of Delta---all Delta has to report is the full deal. But, you knew that....right? And, Song has a better product than Jetblue---with a better IFE system and better food. It scares you, and Neeleman hopes Song doesn't expand---he does.

I can't wait to see you guys in LGA. What happened this Spring there? Technical difficulties? Oh, gate problems? I hope you enjoy it when you fly there--it is really fun.....

Airtran will be starting 737-700 service from ATL soon---yup. But, they still have the same amount of gate space until their new terminal is built in 5 years. They will probably expand outwards until then, and will meet up with you too. But, Neelman is scared of the other LCCs----and now Virgin and Fred Reid are setting their sites on YOU. Enjoy that.

INTL LCC? Oh yeah, ATA might start some next year, from MCO to Europe. Will they get the rights to the same cities we fly to? Probably not. JFK to Moscow, Barcelona, Madrid, Athens, Rome, Milan, Venice, Istanbul, Amsterdam, Brussels, Nice, Frankfurt, Mumbai, and Paris? What about all of our stuff from CVG and ATL--and all of South America, and Tokyo? ATA will be doing that? Wrong. And you guys are getting A380's? Ha!

Yes, you need to remember that too. This industry does go full circle, and we have had our hard times. I don't wish that on anyone, even you---but cockiness will sometimes lead you to it--and you and IB6 UB9 are really cocky sometimes. Have fun at LGB.

Bye Bye--General Lee :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Have fun with Virgin A320s at JFK----they will undercut you. Enjoy!

General,

It becomes obvious, that you have a serious problem with jetblue. You are always the first to post bad news or negative remarks. Things like: "saw you guys at the Lauderdale beach hotel with your stupid blue uniforms when you started out--you looked ridiculous." Well, we are still wearing blue, so I guess we are still ridiculous!

You are foaming at the mouth, when it comes to the potential demise of jetblue and the thought of glorious Delta owning the world twice over. The koolaid you are drinking over there must be spiked way more than mine.

Sure, you are friendly, when handled with kid gloves and you can sit at the head of the table, acting like the magnanimous father figure, but the minute anyone defends their own company or point out, the very real problems facing mother Delta, the fangs comes out. Several posters have remarked on it and while I may have been slow to catch on, it is now quite obvious.

I have not seen many post by jetblue people, who maligns Delta anywhere near what you continue to do with jetblue. If it is bad, you are always the first to post.

No, jetblue is not the end all, not perfect, but pretty good. Yes, I take a bit of pride in the company I work for, but I see no need to continuously point out the bad things about other companies.

I am not happy to see the problem that U faces, nor UAL and I bought stock in AA when it was trading around $4 a share, because I believe AA is a great company.

I am not giddy with anticipation, because GG is bending the DAL pilots over a barrel to get concessions.

Perhaps you need to take a step back and realize, that hoping for hard times of jetblue is not a good thing. This is a nasty rotten business and the guy that used to fly with you, now furloughed, found a home at jetblue and now you are hoping that once again he will be on the street.

No General, there is fun and games and a bit of rivalry and then there something a bit more sinister. I see you in that territory and quite frankly, this is no longer cute, regardless of how many smilies you put on it!

Last edited:
Dizel8,

When was the last time I posted an article about Jetblue and possible problems? When? You just posted one about Delta. Thanks. I just asked a question about how a possible new LCC start up at JFK could affect you. I don't know the answer, and neither do you. It was probably something that a lot of people on this board would wonder too. So, again, please give me a date when I posted something bad pertaining to Jetblue--besides the "uniform" issue--which is true. Hey, atleast you changed your uniforms---but I still remember way back when seeing your uniforms and wondering who the heck you were. I guess I know now. Instead of answering the questions--you guys tend to turn it around and try to bully people. I asked a question. You guys flipped out, and then attacked me. Look at IB6 UB9's stupid response---what a joke! I am waiting for a specific article that I posted--and I bet it was a long time ago.

As far as hating you guys---I have never said that---you might think that---but I do not. I usually defend Delta and Song on this board----but as soon as I bring up a good question on possible extra competition on this board you and your buddies try to slam me and question why I hate your airline. Yet another joke!

Time to get some sleep, and I suggest you try to do the same....

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

"Hey, at least you changed your uniforms."

Nope, still the same uniform! Still ridiculous!

"And, how would another large LCC affect Jetblue in NYC?"

Funny, no mention of how it might affect Song or Delta!

Too much bias!

Last edited:
General Lee said:
---with small wangs.

BWahhhhahahaha......

It was worth reading about 50,000 repetitive words to stumble upon this old classic.... too funny... I needed a laugh...

General Lee said:

You really don't think Song is hurting you, huh? Well, ok--I guess you know the numbers too. Everytime I come up with an article--like the one stating Song had a profitable first quarter---you say it is a lie......Whatever dude. And you did have lean years--I saw you guys at the Lauderdale beach hotel with your stupid blue uniforms when you started out--you looked ridiculous.

-----Come on is this kind of crap necessary? Let's stop the personal attack stuff already. The company was profitable after about 9 months from what I understand.-----

As far as me having "glee"---what? I asked a question on how Virgin America or USA etc. might affect you since Jetblue usually steers clear of any LCC competion except Song.....You respond in typical Jetblue fashion "We're the best...." Give it a break. I know you guys are doing well right now---great. But, would that change if Virgin puts up some competition? Maybe---and that scares you---you guys respond immediately by attacking the person asking a question. You guys must have been backyard bullies in grade school---with small wangs.

----I'm of Irish decent so it's not my fault. LOL. Who knows how Virgin will/would affect us. Maybe our customers will walk, then again maybe not. I doubt we will just roll over. I do think you enjoy stirring the pot as do others.-----

Have you questioned Salvaggio about the profits? Ever heard of Sarbanes Oxley? The new law that states you cannot lie--especially to the public? I guess those press reports are full of lies? And they are a division of Delta---all Delta has to report is the full deal. But, you knew that....right? And, Song has a better product than Jetblue---with a better IFE system and better food. It scares you, and Neeleman hopes Song doesn't expand---he does.

----You're darn right Neeleman hopes Song doesn't expand. Why would he think otherwise? Our entertainment system is being upgraded so we'll see. As far as food goes, you've got us beat there. Do you guys offer any snacks for free? At the end of the day it ain't about Sushi, Bluechips, Live TV or any other amenity. Just ask SWA.----

I can't wait to see you guys in LGA. What happened this Spring there? Technical difficulties? Oh, gate problems? I hope you enjoy it when you fly there--it is really fun.....

----Many of us have had the "joy" of flying out of La Garbage at one time or another so we know what we are in for. Our number two guy was the operations guy for CO in Newark, I bet he can figure something out for LGA too.----

Airtran will be starting 737-700 service from ATL soon---yup. But, they still have the same amount of gate space until their new terminal is built in 5 years. They will probably expand outwards until then, and will meet up with you too. But, Neelman is scared of the other LCCs----and now Virgin and Fred Reid are setting their sites on YOU. Enjoy that.

-----I bet Air Tran will be offering plenty of additional cheap seats against you guys out of ATL and DFW with those 73's. I doubt Neeleman is scared of the other guys. Competition is what this and every business is about. Why go head to head with the other LCC's unless you have to? There have been and are plenty of other opportunities out there than going head to head with the other guys-for now. I fully expect a sound, smart, and competitive response to anything Virgin has.------

INTL LCC? Oh yeah, ATA might start some next year, from MCO to Europe. Will they get the rights to the same cities we fly to? Probably not. JFK to Moscow, Barcelona, Madrid, Athens, Rome, Milan, Venice, Istanbul, Amsterdam, Brussels, Nice, Frankfurt, Mumbai, and Paris? What about all of our stuff from CVG and ATL--and all of South America, and Tokyo? ATA will be doing that? Wrong. And you guys are getting A380's? Ha!

----Like it or not this will be the next front in the LCC/Legacy battle. It's coming, sooner or later.Who the players will be one only knows.-----

Yes, you need to remember that too. This industry does go full circle, and we have had our hard times. I don't wish that on anyone, even you---but cockiness will sometimes lead you to it--and you and IB6 UB9 are really cocky sometimes. Have fun at LGB.

-----I as well as many at JetBlue have experienced the ups and downs first hand. Ain't fun. Ask the UAL folks about career expectations. Yes we have some who are a bit cocky on this board and I don't care for it but try and take the high road----

Bye Bye--General Lee :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What is funny, that DAL will be seeing LCC competetion across the pond or you do not think any LCC is capable of it?

ATA has announced expansion into the Atlantic market, think beginning next year. If they do get the 717, perhaps they will use more of their 757 for int'l, after all CAL uses their 757 successfully for "pond jumps."

Plenty of analyst starting to think, that the international markets might be the next logical place for LCC vs legacy. Rumour even has it, that SWA is considering international markets, although mostly north and south of the border.

DAL does not only operate into airports, that are devoid of slots, unlike AA and UAL who has LHR cornered.

Think slots could be available in Paris, Nice, Rome, Milan etc!

Otto,

It made me laugh too---really late at night. I was just asking a question about what Jetblue might do if they had a new LCC in their backyard, and then I got slammed. Whatever.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back