Virgin America eyes NY, SF.....?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dizel8,

Ok, atleast you are now "speaking" (sort of) in a better tone. ATA did announce that---but said that they would AVOID competition from the larger airports and try to exploit gaps---like out of MCO. That makes sense. Even Delta used to fly from MCO to FRA and CDG---but now we don't. Maybe ATA would do well doing that. They used to fly 757s to Riga, Latvia from JFK for awhile--thru Belfast--I believe--but that didn't last long.

As far as setting up an INTL network---you must do two things. You must either pay for gate space and equipment over at the INTL destination--and train people to work for you. OR, you can set up a codeshare and have the other airline do your work. I haven't seen ATA try either yet--but it is possible.

I have heard rumors over the past couple years of LCC doing INTL---but I haven't seen any try yet. It may happen. As far as Southwest doing INTL N and S of the border----all I can say is "go for it." We primarily fly INTL from our hubs, and the passengers come from connections. I think that would hurt other airlines more--like Alaska. We also codeshare with Aeromexico--and get a lot of feed from Cancun and Mexico City thru ATL and onto our airplanes to the NE and Europe.

Bye Bye--General Lee;)

Virgin America

Has anyone discussed the current construction at the old Intl Terminal at SFO. There is a lot of activity there. Could someone be moving in or is the Airport authority spucing up to try and win an LCC?

GL I am thinking it would be better for DAL to hurry up and merge with CAL and move to ERW. There is only about 18 months before the 4th Rike* is back in business in JFK.

http://www.armandcorp.com/american-airlines.asp

Although it would be bad to vacate the Pan Am terminal so that LCC competition has more room. According to some JB does not have room for the 100 E190's in JFK.

*Rike misspelt on purpose to be connected to the humerous bad mouthing of the AA pilot group and to detract from the actual WWII inference.

General::::
I have found your past posts to be most informative and usually interesting. I also notice you rarely fire the first shot in the ‘flame wars’. But, initiating wise cracks about someone else’s uniforms is getting very childish. I think ALL uniforms look a little ridiculous and will never believe they serve any purpose other than ego inflation. I personally refuse to wear one, and since I call the shots where I am, none of our pilots have to wear them. But, that’s for another thread.
Now that it is established I have no love for uniforms, I have to ask how you can make comment about JB’s blues when you and your group walk around the airport in duds that look like they were designed by the same guy who makes the uniforms for the South American (or wherever) tin horn dictators. Maybe in return for pay concession DL management will finally let you guys hang a few strands of gold rope on the coats.
Just my childish comment for the day.

Underdog,

Well, my comment might have been "childish"--but it was meant from "the heart." I did see them in their initial uniforms (I still think they changed something--maybe the eppolets) (SP?)--and I couldn't tell if they were the pilots or stews. That didn't mean that they were any "less" of a pilot---I just really couldn't tell what job they had. Sorry. And, I know our Delta uniforms with the double breasted jackets look like we are Navy ship commanders---but I like the style. I am sure that with their growth opportunities there at Jetblue, most of the guys would not be offended. I can't please everyone.........

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

General Lee said:
Underdog,

Well, my comment might have been "childish"--but it was meant from "the heart." I did see them in their initial uniforms (I still think they changed something--maybe the eppolets) (SP?)--and I couldn't tell if they were the pilots or stews. That didn't mean that they were any "less" of a pilot---I just really couldn't tell what job they had. Sorry. And, I know our Delta uniforms with the double breasted jackets look like we are Navy ship commanders---but I like the style. I am sure that with their growth opportunities there at Jetblue, most of the guys would not be offended. I can't please everyone.........

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

For the record Ol' Buddy (and I have been there since Day One along with Dizel8) our uniforms have not changed one bit. Unless you consider the fact that now our shirts are button down collars. Honestly, for the record...... And, we added the leather jackets in lieu of the formal dress jackets at the three year point for a bonus (which you can still wear instead of the leather). The best part.......JB pays for the lot!!

The official word from the uniform gestapo......

C yaaa

Oh yea, and BRING IT ON VUSA, we're ready for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh boy, it's degenerated into a uniform thread.

Hey dude, why dontcha go get some freakin' air for a change. 2700+ posts...a small wang indeed.

Thanks Zonker----I can do anything I want with my own time--and if that includes a stint on the computer each day when I am home--that's fine. You can continue to drink beer alone near the TV if you want......

Bye Bye--General Lee;)

Latest resources

Back