• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Cuts Airbus Order, Delays 30 Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad KD got his job back. It seems perhaps mgmt wants to now simply 'clean house' of those they deem undesirable (in KDs case- someone who has some b*lls and calls them on their crap).

If true, I can think of about 3 or 4 CAs here who they can fire ("for no reason", btw) who I guarantee will not have the outpouring of pilot support that KD benefited from...I know at least 3 of them have been very close to the VA guillatine before--maybe it's time to get it over with.

Last edited:
Congratulations to KD and all the VX Pilots! Great Job! Solidarity in the right way can be effective.
He truly is a great individual that really does care about the company he works for.

Glad KD got his job back. It seems perhaps mgmt wants to now simply 'clean house' of those they deem undesirable (in KDs case- someone who has some b*lls and calls them on their crap).

If true, I can think of about 3 or 4 CAs here who they can fire ("for no reason", btw) who I guarantee will not have the outpouring of pilot support that KD benefited from...I know at least 3 of them have been very close to the VA guillatine before--maybe it's time to get it over with.

Hell, I don't even work there & I can name 4 or 5. They took some of our most "interesting" characters from my former company. :confused:

Hell, I don't even work there & I can name 4 or 5. They took some of our most "interesting" characters from my former company. :confused:

Ditto.

I know tons of guys would love to see VA go, but 99% chose Virgin over anybody else if it comes to jumpseating home. I guess they are good enough then.
Commuters go to the first flight home. If there are two flights at the same time, they go to the one with the most empty seats. Nothing beyond that enters the thinking process.

The CEO previously talked about a nice profit for 3Q and 4Q, now it's turned into another loss of 12.6 million? That's a big difference in just three months.

I'm not sure how things are going to turn around without growth. Good luck to all.

initially the CEO said we were supposed to make 55 million this year. And now won't even be close to breaking even. How do you miss this projection so badly? Maybe it's time to retire and get some leadership that has some clue to what's actually happening in the real world

initially the CEO said we were supposed to make 55 million this year. And now won't even be close to breaking even. How do you miss this projection so badly? Maybe it's time to retire and get some leadership that has some clue to what's actually happening in the real world

I found that really BIZZARE. How do you crush the dreams of your employees by saying we are going to make several million dollars, to we are cutting orders immediately and LOSING millions? Something is fishy.

I don't think its bizarre at all. The CEO has to say things are just hunky-dory. There are lots of employees at VA that have much more portable jobs than pilots. If the CEO "tells the truth" than they start bailing. And of course if passengers start to catch a whiff of bankruptcy from VA, they stop buying tickets. The CEO at Skybus was the same way.

Things will be just "great" until the very end. At that point, a conciliatory letter will be written by the CEO saying that things didn't work out as planned, fuel prices were too high, the government was against them from the beginning, etc., etc.

Crush the dreams of your employees by saying we're going to make millions and then not?

Who dreams like that? Certainly no dream crushed here. You'd be unwise to believe every forward-looking statement from a CEO. Aircraft orders don't mean jack until your rear end is strapped in a new one. I set zero expectations. I haven't been disappointed yet. In case you haven't noticed, the economy sucks (still) and oil is still sky high. The deferrals were inevitable. An airline will do what it thinks is best. According to FI financial expert pilots, VA is screwed because they have lost money with their strong growth. Now that they paused the large growth phase and slowed deliveries, FI experts say VA is screwed because it needs to continue to grow. Oh well, I guess you can't win in either case. So what exactly was the point of the thread?

Latest resources

Back