• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America 1Q loss $76 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wouldn't it be fing amazing if someday we stopped attacking each other like a bunch of children and instead focused on getting everyone in the industry a good contract? Maybe I'm being a little bit warm and fuzzyish but what happened to pilot solidarity? We are not the enemies. Who cares what logo is on your company id? 21st century management has utterly beat us with simple divide and conquer tactics. I can't imagine doctors or lawyers being as collectively stupid as USA based airline pilots. Just appeal to our egos and we will sell each other out over a few dollars.

wouldn't it be fing amazing if someday we stopped attacking each other like a bunch of children and instead focused on getting everyone in the industry a good contract? Maybe I'm being a little bit warm and fuzzyish but what happened to pilot solidarity? We are not the enemies. Who cares what logo is on your company id? 21st century management has utterly beat us with simple divide and conquer tactics. I can't imagine doctors or lawyers being as collectively stupid as USA based airline pilots. Just appeal to our egos and we will sell each other out over a few dollars.

How long have you been around Green? When was there pilot solidarity in the last 20 years? B-scale, outsourcing, seniority corruption, union corruption, flying extra while guys on the street. We seem more like a bunch of independent contractors. Except for USAPA. They seem united in their goal to drag down the industry with their horrendous pay rates....self-inflicted.

Actually SWA does have crew meals it's just on the international side AirTran. Once SWA starts going their they will get them as well.

I'm still trying to figure this out - do some people view crew meals as a benefit? Even most of the stuff served in F today is worse than what was served to coach 15 years ago.

How long have you been around Green? When was there pilot solidarity in the last 20 years? B-scale, outsourcing, seniority corruption, union corruption, flying extra while guys on the street. We seem more like a bunch of independent contractors. Except for USAPA. They seem united in their goal to drag down the industry with their horrendous pay rates....self-inflicted.

Yep. Selling out the junior pilots is a tradition that started with the B scale and has been carried out with impugnity ever since. All the while, those who carry out the transgressions try to assuage their victims with the phrase, 'don't worry; you'll be senior someday.' Of course the transgressors then mutter under their breath, 'as soon as you pry my cold dead body out of the left seat because I'm going to push for no age limit.'

I know they are a pvt company but why are we seeing their first quarter results now (the end of the second quarter)? Were their accountants using an abacus to compile the numbers?

I know they are a pvt company but why are we seeing their first quarter results now (the end of the second quarter)? Were their accountants using an abacus to compile the numbers?

Couldve heard wrong, but I believe the report came 1 day prior to union card drive being announced a success.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm being a little bit warm and fuzzyish but what happened to pilot solidarity?

Nothing, there never was any.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back