• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Vietnam Airlines ATR Expats

blingair

I'm your boy Carl
Total Time
none
Looking for any info on current or past expat ATR-72 pilots with Vietnam Airlines. Looking for all the regular company questions about life style, contracts etc. I know they want you to "pay for training" so I'm looking for any and all info about the hiring process and day to day line flying. Much thanks in advance.
Bling.

thunderworm

the Hoff
Total Time
apparently no one has ever gone to vietnam airlines and have returned to tell the story about it. if you ever get back into the states on my side i will buy you a steak. and in this country you won't be eating someones god.

blingair

I'm your boy Carl
Total Time
none
As long as it's not tube-steak. I was just looking at the Hoff. Couldnt resist. We see several horrible accidents a day/week here but one day someone hit a cow. Dude, people were freaking out! They were wailing and nashing and going on. How's thing at your airline worm?

Say Again Over

With you
Total Time
The schedule on the ATR in Vietnam is the best of all fleets, transition to the Airbus fleet is possible, beer is one dollar and most girls weigh about 100 lbs, and free of tramp stamps. Cost of living in Saigon is pretty cheap, good luck.

thunderworm

the Hoff
Total Time
100lb girls i haven't seen one of those since junior high. $1 beer. i think this has divorce written all over it. where do i sign up?

Say Again Over

With you
Total Time
Try Rishworth Aviation Ltd. or PARC Aviation for contract details, you might also go t PPRuNe and try to make contact with someone on the ATR fleet for your specific questions, if you have trouble doing this let me know and I will get some email addresses for you.

Say Again Over

With you
Total Time
I believe you must be current and qualified, call the contract agencies for the best information.