Video Streaming CAL ALPA RALLY CAL HQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why the italicized "technically?"

Well, the flag code isn't really law, just a list of recommendations for honoring the flag, and some of it isn't completely clear. The ALPA tie is obviously meant to evoke images of the flag, but it doesn't contain a full flag, so you could argue that it doesn't quite fit what the code talks about. Technically, though, I think the intent of the code is to discourage the use of the flag in this manner.

The Flag Code states that the flag should never be worn. (Section 8d): "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel."

As long as the flag inst cut into a tie the flag code says nothing about wearing the image of stars and stripes.

As long as the flag inst cut into a tie the flag code says nothing about wearing the image of stars and stripes.

Read closer: "Therefore, a flag includes any representation of it of any substance, with stars and stripes of any number. This would include T-shirts and ties."

Doesn't mean it's right to wear.

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html#q031

"Therefore, a flag includes any representation of it of any substance, with stars and stripes of any number. This would include T-shirts and ties.
The Flag Code states that the flag should never be worn. (Section 8d): "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel."

Dude what a f'n dork. I wish you were somewhere near me so I could slap you around till you pissed your pants!

Latest resources

Back