Very nervous (Airman FS related)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

minitour

Hey there...back in March, I "finished" the Airman Flight School "Upgrade" course and took the Commercial SEL, MEL, CFI and CFII checkrides in the course of like a week.

Everything has gone smooth except...the MEL license.

At first, my temp was going to expire, so I called the FSDO and Airman Certification. Surprise surprise...no record on file of that checride. I even talked to the lady at the FSDO that "personally handles" the 8710s. Anywho, eventually I was given a new temp before my old one expired and am now running on that.

However, I checked the faa website (where you can see what date they're working on certificates for) and they're working on the certificates for after my new temporary was issued but my info online hasn't been changed to reflect Commercial Single and Multiengine bla bla bla.

Should I be worried that Airman didn't forward my 8710 to the FAA? Should I place another call to Airman Certification? The FSDO? Will Degraw (DPE)?

Please tell me I'm not going to have to take another ME checkride...I really can't afford that right now...even if that's the reality, let me live in a fantasy world for a few days.

Any help/insight/advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

-mini

You wouldn't be given a temp if the checkride was not completed. Documentation is on your side.

Get a lawyer.

Call the FSDO again or the examiner that did your checkride. You've got the tempo and a logbook endoresement from the checkride. Do you have a copy of the 8710 you submitted? If not maybe you should create a new one and take it to the FSDO in case it got lost.

I would start with the examinator. If that does not work then contact the FAA inspector who is in charge of the examinator. The examinator is required to keep a log of all checkrides with the date when the records were submitted to the FAA. I think all examinators will keep a personal copy of all documents filled out including the 8710. Most examinators also need to fill in FAA PTRS Data sheet (Program Tracking And Reporting Subsystem)

how would airman not forward your 8710, didnt you give it to the examiner?

Kream926 said:
how would airman not forward your 8710, didnt you give it to the examiner?

yes...and he (DPE/Airman Chief CFI) then typed up the temporary and gave the 8710s to Dale (DO) who forwarded them to the feds. The only 8710 that ever left the Airman premesis (before going to the feds) was for my CSEL checkride...which was sent in within the DPE's 5(?) day window.

Thanks for the info all...I'll look into it first thing in the morning.

As a followup...they (feds) keep misspelling my middle name. They switch two letters...it should be "a-e" not "e-a". Big deal? Call Airman certification and b*tch or just let it go?

Thanks again

-mini

minitour said:
As a followup...they (feds) keep misspelling my middle name. They switch two letters...it should be "a-e" not "e-a". Big deal? Call Airman certification and b*tch or just let it go?
-mini
how much money did that thing cost you? They better spell it right

Latest resources

Back