Verizon's international phones

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stryker

Has anyone used the new Verizon international GSM phones, if so how is the International coverage. We are currently on Tmobile but management is considering puting us on there Verizon plan to save money. They want to make sure we will still have the same coverage.
thanks
Stryker

We have 5 of the Blackberry 8830 world edition phones. The service has been much better for all of us since switching from T-mobile. Was in St. Maarten last week and the ability to talk was good but no text or email available. The downside is the phone itself has been a pain in the arse. Always locking up and having to reset by removing the battery. One guy's phone won't hang up at all. Other guy's mixes screens together where nothing can be done. All 5 have had these problems but the service is good.

Thanks, the no text part is bad. we save a lot of money sending of a quick text while long distance instead of spending 1.50 a minute talking.
Thanks again

AT&T would cure all of the above. TC

I spent a week with a crew that has verizon. It was really screwy. To call you had to be on one GSM service provider, but to send texts you had to ba on another service provider.

While my att phone just kept purring away.

Just got the new Verizon GSM phone, not the Blackberry but the other one (I forget the model). So far I have used it all over Europe and Dubai with no problems calling/receiving or texting.

Diesel, what up dude? Been awhile.

Not much chillin. Playing stay at home nurse. Somebody broke their leg and it isn't me.

Black berry messenger has been a godsend for our crew and spouses whilst on the road, it's free with the unlimited international data package.

Latest resources

Back