• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Verizon's international phones

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AT&T works everywhere except Japan and Korea. Text messages are 50 cents to send while in international roaming. You get charged as soon as the phone rings. I have my calls diverted to my voicemail to avoid the charges. When I get a voicemail, I get a message telling me. Then I go on Skype and I call my voicemail. It works really well for me.

Just got the new Verizon GSM phone, not the Blackberry but the other one (I forget the model). So far I have used it all over Europe and Dubai with no problems calling/receiving or texting.

What kind of plan are you on? Or is it through your company? I generally rely on Skype while I'm at my apartment and not working, but if I'm out in the field, I use my Saudi cell phone if i need to to call back home to the States. We just have sim cards that you recharge with the Saudi currency (the Riyal) which if you're calling in-country/region is dirt cheap, but the Riyals/Minutes go twice as fast when you're calling the States.

AT&T works everywhere except Japan and Korea. Text messages are 50 cents to send while in international roaming. You get charged as soon as the phone rings. I have my calls diverted to my voicemail to avoid the charges. When I get a voicemail, I get a message telling me. Then I go on Skype and I call my voicemail. It works really well for me.

AT&T works in Japan and Korea, you just need the right phone, I believe they offer 3 or 4 that work there, I have the 8525 model works fine.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back