Vegas Baby, Vegas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Way2Broke

So what shows are must sees in Vegas, where should we stay? Anyone offer airline discounts?

be single

Whatever you do, don't be married or dating when you go - you'll wish you weren't. It's an adult playground! All my single buddies scored bigtime when they went.

I went home with the same woman I arrived with.

Oh yeah, shows. We saw Cirque Soleil's Love - the Beatles musical. Very good - but they say "Eau" is the one to wathc, if you are to choose only one.

Whatever you do, don't be married or dating when you go - you'll wish you weren't.

Haha, we are planning our honeymoon to Vegas. She use to be a blackjack dealer and we both like playing table games. I've never been, she has.

When ya plannin on going? Rates are low this month during the week...of course goin' during the week is easy for the junior airline employee :) Check with your airline's pass bureau for discounts on shows and such. If your airline doesn't have any specific discount deals setup with Hotels.com or whatever...check out www.id90.com .

I'm actually headin' to Vegas next week... $40/night at the Tropicana :) Also $69 at the MGM, $25 at the Stratosphere... and those are public rates - the airline discount isn't lower.

My wife saw "Phantom" (at the Venetian) and said it was terrific.
Blue Man Group gets great reviews, but I haven't seen it yet.
The locals say Lance Burton's magic show is also quite good.
Danny Gans was voted "best Vegas act of the year".

Haha, we are planning our honeymoon to Vegas. She use to be a blackjack dealer and we both like playing table games. I've never been, she has.

Congrats! More of my Vegas hijinks...

- In my short experience, my impression is that Vegas is split into 2 halves: One for the lowballers, where you'll find $1 budweisers and $5 dinners - anyplace on Fremont Ave. for example. Then, you have the upscale hi-roller hangouts like Caesar's, Bellagio, etc. where anything will cost you big $$$. I mosied into a very upscale bar at the caesar's where I was ignored by the bartender and given a nasty look by some mafia-lookin dude, it was wierd. My wife wanted some water, we found refuge at a starbucks where we got a...gulp...$10 bottle of water.

- They built the huge cassinos purposely for you to get lost in. I naively went out one nite, me, the wife and another couple to check out a few cassinos. Big mistake! We ventured into the Venetian and couldn't find our way out. Ok, so we were kinda wasted, but still. The architechture inside each one is something else.

- Get around by car or taxi, once on foot you'll feel like alice in wonderland, it seemingly takes HOURS to walk from one cassino to the next if you go by sidewalk, you're also bound to run across some unsavory crowds too. We were exausted by the 4th cassino. But taxis are dirt cheap. Vegas taxi drivers are a really wierd strung out bunch - no wonder, they've seen it all!

- During the day, check out the "red rock canyon", a park with hiking trails, really nice. A few miles past Boulder, there's a rundown cassino with a Jetranger that will take you up for $30/person on a 2-minute ride over Lake Meed. Only two minutes? Yes, but what ensues on the ride is worth it, trust me, better than any roller coaster.

Have fun in the "Lair of the Dragon" as we called it, let us know how it went.

Latest resources

Back