• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VA jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. Some of our gate staff are unsure of this so try to get to the crew for your best chance. No listing in advance required.

Cathay pilots are not approved jumpseaters.

Cathay does not have an agreement with VA, and there is no work on getting one (on Cathay's part).

Cathay pilots are not approved jumpseaters.

Cathay does not have an agreement with VA, and there is no work on getting one (on Cathay's part).

That should not prevent one professional pilot from giving another professional pilot a ride to or from work. It is professional courtesy that should be extended regardless of formal agreements or union politics. That is my policy.

Warm welcome to all.

Cathay is not a 121 carrier, however they may have agreements with some US carriers, I know Air Canada does.

That should not prevent one professional pilot from giving another professional pilot a ride to or from work. It is professional courtesy that should be extended regardless of formal agreements or union politics. That is my policy.

Warm welcome to all.

It doesn't at VA, they ride if there is a seat. Always.

Warm welcome to all.

Unless your FOM says otherwise.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back