Utah Valley State College

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hold ups

The thing that holds you up at ERAU is your flight training. Now if you like spending lots of time with guys, paying a little extra money, and getting a good educaton then ERAU is your place. From the catalog it's now between $145-650 per undergrad credit hour, and plan on the $650. The way the course matrix works is that you must have certain ratings and/or classes completed to take certain classes. Daytona Beach Community College (DBCC) now has an aviation associates degree from what I hear. As stated before get the core classes out of the way at a JC or CC (if doing this verify these classes will transfer) then go to ERAU. Oh yeah make sure and bring your girlfriend along, just my advice!

All my instructor ratings are expired. They all expired when I ran out of time to renew them. My question is, if anyone can please answer is, will I still get course credits for expired CFI ratings. I have the expired certificates so I can show proof I completed all the ratings (CFI, CFII, MEI) Thanks

Someone asked about the credits granted from UVSC if you have all your certificates and ratings, and several thousand hours. They will credit you your private pilot certificate, and that's it. I didn't believe it, and visited them directly. I was told that the school wouldn't recognize my certificates or ratings, except for the private pilot certificate; I was told that I would have to repeat the training for credit with UVSC, if you can believe that.

I asked them several times to be sure I had heard them correctly. When I pointed out that I had more certification and more experience than their instructors combined, the counselor told me I was free to leave, and not to let the door hit me on the way out. She was rather rude in so doing.

There are numerous genuine reasons why one shouldn't go there, but suffice it to say that you can certainly do better.

UVSC credits/aviationuniversity.com

Hello, new here and a flight instructor/ground instructor at UVSC.
Just a note I saw where one post mentioned UVSC only accepts your Private Pilot Cert for credit.

This is not true.

UVSC currently accepts up to 16 credit hours of "life skill" credit towards their B.S. degree. It may increase to 30 if the flight side has its way.
That means you could "challange" PP, Instrument, Comm, and maybe even a CFI cert or two and we want to get it to the point where all of your certs will count towards college credit relatively cheap (currently $10 per credit hour plus $30 per course)

any questions?
call 1 888 901-7192 you can ask for me James
or http://aviationuniversity.com

Latest resources

Back