• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA / US Airways MOU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But we, you and me and the rest have a vote. I don't know yet which way I'm going to vote. Initially I thought no but I want to go to road shows and ask more questions.

YES= Lousy MOU but more money and some guarantees
NO= Emotional benefit, eventual lousy MOU provisions, no money or guarantees

YES= Lousy MOU but more money and some guarantees
NO= Emotional benefit, eventual lousy MOU provisions, no money or guarantees

Guarantees? The language in this MOU has loopholes big enough to drive a Mac truck through. Do you really think when it comes to interpretation of that language that management won't bend us over?

The only thing this MOU does is give Parker the very things he's been denied by past court/arbitration rulings which have been to our advantage.

Guarantees? The language in this MOU has loopholes big enough to drive a Mac truck through. Do you really think when it comes to interpretation of that language that management won't bend us over?
Normally I'd say that's what you have a union for, but in this case the reckless behavior of the union lead directly to such an MOU. The protections provided in the court/arbitration rulings will go away as soon as the APA negotiates a joint contract, so I wouldn't make any YES/NO decisions based on trying to retain the status quo.

Also, there is little reason for the company to have anything other than a "take-it-or-leave-it" posture. Since there is no real alternative (courtesy of Cleary) I'll vote YES.

So American found creditors to put up 2 billion dollars so they can exit bankruptcy alone and can have more leverage in a possible merger. That mean Horton stays in control?

I can't imagine at this point the US Air/American merger NOT happening.

Normally I'd say that's what you have a union for, but in this case the reckless behavior of the union lead directly to such an MOU. The protections provided in the court/arbitration rulings will go away as soon as the APA negotiates a joint contract, so I wouldn't make any YES/NO decisions based on trying to retain the status quo.

Also, there is little reason for the company to have anything other than a "take-it-or-leave-it" posture. Since there is no real alternative (courtesy of Cleary) I'll vote YES.

You don't usually appear to be a quitter.

If i were a usair pilot, i would vote mo.

M

Latest resources

Back