• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA Trial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excuse me , that was not a "purchase" or "merge" your company had to pay to play....

Airways sucked a fee out of your company just to let you have the 'privilege" to fly for them....
This "investment" gave new meaning to the term outsourcing a contract carrier!

Uh, actually, no. AWA was so desparate for cash to emerge from CH11 that they accepted $125 Million from AWAC to finance their emergence from CH11 and that in exchange for that AWAC was able to place 70 aircraft in service for USAirways until 2015 as well as stock options (which our owners have made a mint on) and a seat on the BOD of AWA.

You are correct, however in that it created the term 'pay to play'. The point of DD's original post is that the $125M was OUR (the pilots) money culled fom concessions while we flew for UAL, that said money was used to finance AWA's emerence from BK, and that we had NO SAY in how it was used, hence what about our rights and expectations in all of this, since it was OUR money!

Peace.

Rekks

PS. BtoB, you are an ass.

Uh, actually, no. AWA was so desparate for cash to emerge from CH11 that they accepted $125 Million from AWAC to finance their emergence from CH11 and that in exchange for that AWAC was able to place 70 aircraft in service for USAirways until 2015 as well as stock options (which our owners have made a mint on) and a seat on the BOD of AWA.

You are correct, however in that it created the term 'pay to play'. The point of DD's original post is that the $125M was OUR (the pilots) money culled fom concessions while we flew for UAL, that said money was used to finance AWA's emerence from BK, and that we had NO SAY in how it was used, hence what about our rights and expectations in all of this, since it was OUR money!

Peace.

Rekks

PS. BtoB, you are an ass.

Hey dumbass.......do your homework......AWA was not in BK. USAirways (East) was in BK not AWA.

Don't post dumbass arguments if you don't have the facts.

Careful there, that kind of response will get you the label,'USAPA Apologist" from the TWA Dude!!! You wouldn't want that.
So then you're not a USAPA apologist? You support their cause (which George Nicolau, two pilot neutrals, Judge Wake, and a jury of nine didn't). That makes you an apologist for them.

So then you're not a USAPA apologist? You support their cause (which George Nicolau, two pilot neutrals, Judge Wake, and a jury of nine didn't). That makes you an apologist for them.

I believe most of my interaction with you concerned the non stop banter between the two sides. You can call me what you want I really don't give a cr*p.

Hey dumbass.......do your homework......AWA was not in BK. USAirways (East) was in BK not AWA.

Don't post dumbass arguments if you don't have the facts.

Easy there, Capt...I didn't insult you, no need to call me a 'dumbass' (I think you missunderstood the BtoB, that' BrowntotheBone' I was referencing).

Sorry. AWA wasn't in BK. They still needed our $'s to complete the deal with the merger, though.

And I echo DiverDriver's sentiments, I'm not really looking for a seniority # at LCC, but I agree wth his point about what everyone is fighting for.

Peace.

Rekks

Sorry. AWA wasn't in BK. They still needed our $'s to complete the deal with the merger, though.

Rekks

USAir needed the money as bad as Air Wisc needed the flying since UAL canceled there contract. This allowed USAir (pre-merger) to make it to the merger and Air Wisc a place for 70 RJ's that nobody wanted. Timeline: the 125mil was transferred in Feb '05, UAL announced contract cancellation April '05, the merger was announced in Sep '05. If you're looking for a thank you you're not going to get it, enjoy Philly.

USAir needed the money as bad as Air Wisc needed the flying since UAL canceled there contract. This allowed USAir (pre-merger) to make it to the merger and Air Wisc a place for 70 RJ's that nobody wanted. Timeline: the 125mil was transferred in Feb '05, UAL announced contract cancellation April '05, the merger was announced in Sep '05. If you're looking for a thank you you're not going to get it, enjoy Philly.

Thank you, your timeline makes my point; AWAC's owners transfered the money to US PRIOR to telling UAL to pound sand (which is what actually happened, our guys went into their last session with UAL and put in an offer that they knew UAL wouldn't accept). That money was from our concessions, and was supposed to go to UAL when we had an affirmed contract (which we never had), but was diverted to US instead.

If AWAC's owners had gotten the affirmed contract, the money would have gone to UAL as part of the deal, we never would have had the infamous 'Big Grievance', and we would not, most likely be flying for Airways on the east coast now. Airways would have had to find another source of money to use for exit financing.

That being said, I actually get a big thank you every commute to/from ORD to PHL; In my experience, the Airways crews have always been awesome.

Peace.

Rekks

Latest resources

Back